+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this a rejection?

Is this a rejection?

So here's what's going on, I met a girl through a friend of mine. We talked on msn for months now. Note that "friend" likes me like a lot. I asked her out, she told me she'd have to think about it. The next day I received an email saying this. I've really only met this girl once, but I've fallen in love with her believe it or not. So ladies out there I would like to ask you a question. Is there a chance with her? Is this a rejection :upset , or an approval to get to know each other better?

"Hey!
    Alrighty, so I though about this last night are during the day today, and this decision is what I think is best...
    I think it's better to just be friends right now. I love talking to you and hanging out with you, but I don't want to be in a relationship, because then we might not be friends anymore. And also, I would hate to hurt Ashley's feelings. So, I really hope you are okay with this, I hope you understand where I'm coming from. I love to be your friend for now I'm very exited to hang out with you soon, and hopefully I will talk to you soon. E-mail me back please
    ps. Are we still on for the dance? "
    Last edited by frankasd; 29-10-08 at 10:38 AM. Reason: grammer

i hate when girls do that cuz they concerned about what MIGHT happen. take a ****in chance.
    i say keep trying, sounds like she might be interested, but is trying to be rational. make it so that her emotions overrule her rational thoughts
    [url]http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/GoldenGreek75/[/url]
    ^my pride and joy^

Thanks buddy I appreciate it! Anyone else?

oh, and when i say keep trying, i dont mean keep asking her out, i mean keep like flirting with her and showing some kinda interest/whatever uv already been doing thats got her somewhat interested. keep doing this and get her to the point where it drives her crazy that she gives in
    [url]http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/GoldenGreek75/[/url]
    ^my pride and joy^

Thanks man that sounds logical, is there any ladies out there that can decode this letter?

Quote Originally Posted by blackzj52 View Post
    i hate when girls do that cuz they concerned about what MIGHT happen. take a ****in chance.
    story of my f^cking life haha

the art of flirting involves the guy NOT asking her out,but instead OFFER her to tag along with your social activity.

and if a girl says she'd think about it when you ask her out, either you haven't flirted adequately or you didn't learn yet.

BTW if that situation happens, pursue it as a confident guy:-
    "well, whatever you are doing tomorrrow can't compare to what I'm doing tomorrow. so just tag along okay" ..or..
    "I'm asking you this once, do you want to tag alongside me or I could have Brenda/CHristy/Delila (or whomever girl) accompany me"
    ..come on,be confidence - that's how to score

be her friend, but i'm afraid she probably means what she says in that email. Doesn't mean there will never be a chance, but for now it's all you're getting.

imo that is a rejection and i know for myself once ive made up my mind .......well i don't change it.

she wants you as a 'friend' thats just a nice way of saying 'no i don't want to date you'

sorry

it doesn't mean when you do see her that you can't flirt like gen suggested. altho i wouldn't be asking her to join you, if you are going somewhere with a group of friends you can then say it in passing or pass the info along.....be very very cool. once ive rejected a guy i feel guilty but i also don't want to feel harrassed........ so let her contact you.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Yeah rejection, sorry mate

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Who is Ashley? Sounds like *shes* the one you want to be taking to that dance.