+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Same old pattern.

Same old pattern.

I met this French guy at Mass last week. We're both new to the church and were both standing around awkwardly after the service, so I introduced myself. We talked over communal coffee, then we left together, he showed me a supermarket in the area that's open on Sundays, then brought me to my bus stop and waited for my bus with me, talking easily and flirting the whole time (lots of "all you americans/all you french people"). I started to think he was cute. He won't be there tomorrow, but we'll see each other next week.

It seemed too good to be true for me to meet someone I was even remotely interested at church - it just removes so many of the questions and initial differences that can cause problems later. We're both foreigners who cared enough to seek out an English-speaking church where there's a real community.

He'll only be here till the end of January, then it's back to France. I'm just so, so frustrated that I can only develop interest/feelings when there seems to be no potential for a relationship. What's wrong with me?

Sorry, I just needed to vent.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Of course you are meeting unsuitable men. You are living temporarily in a foreign country, and you are in the bloom of youth. If you want to meet men who will be available to you, come home.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Yeah, don't chase after men in foreign countries, you'll never know what they want. Some of them might even promise to marry you and all this other garbage