+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Quick Simple After Break-Up Question

Quick Simple After Break-Up Question

She broke it with me 2 months ago after 7 years.

We have been in limited contact. All good times, very civil. Catching up and exchanging belongings, Holiday texts, etc.

She recently posted on Facebook her status as "Ready for this year to be over, Hopefully 2009 will be much better!"

She has alot of things she is dealing with and the break up is just one of them. It was hard on her too.

My question is this:

Should I respond in a private message to her facebook post something inspiring and uplifting and nothing to do with US?

I just want her to know that I am there for her.

EDIT: Her rebound is already over.

Just stay away, don't contact her she will be fine. Her choice to break it so she gets to deal with it.

You wont let go if you don't let her be, you need to NOT contact her for YOUR own good.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

These are one of those times when you have to shut her away from your life. If she has her problems, you should let her deal with them herself.

She had reasons to break up with you. Just leave her alone. Besides, there are other fish in the sea. It'd be surprising if there was only one in an ocean.
    Last edited by Kayne Argand; 31-12-08 at 01:28 PM. Reason: wanted to add some more stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by catfish1199 View Post

We have been in limited contact. All good times, very civil. Catching up and exchanging belongings, Holiday texts, etc.

She recently posted on Facebook her status as "Ready for this year to be over, Hopefully 2009 will be much better!"

She has alot of things she is dealing with and the break up is just one of them. It was hard on her too.

My question is this:

Should I respond in a private message to her facebook post something inspiring and uplifting and nothing to do with US?

How I wish you were another guy I know... Then I'd know the girl is free now.

Anyway, I think you shouldn't do anything, it's been two months now and you haven't gotten back together. She's either still digesting it or has already moved on.

If you're really broken up, you can't be there for her.
    Spammer Spanker

agreed with u, 100%

Quote Originally Posted by catfish1199 View Post

My question is this:

I think its great that you're staying in touch, remaining on good terms with an ex is hard work but worth while. After all you spent seven years with this woman do you just want to forget about them?.

However you are mainitaining contact with her as it is, If one of the things that's causing her trouble is the break up then getting a message from you directly relating to that is only going to cause hassle.

What you're doing so far is fine just leave it there, later on down the line you can start developing a friendship.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why do you want to "be there for her"? Are you hoping to reconcile?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Limit your contact to nothing. She was a big part of your life and you have a lot of memories but it's obvious she wants to move on and you should as well.

Maintaining contact will just makes things worse for both of you...especially you if she finds someone new.

Let whatever emotions and feelings you need to get out go over you. Don't talk to her, just get over it yourself and move on. I know 7 years is EXTREMELY tough, but in the long run it'll be better.