+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Fell for a girl who wants to just be friends. What Now?

Fell for a girl who wants to just be friends. What Now?

I've been seing this girl for a few months now (since september)..things were great when we first met, hit it off great...i took her out a few times and we had a great time...called her everynight just to talk about anything and everything...i really thought things were great, i was actually just waiting the right moment to make it official and ask her out...well over christmas break she went to NY for family, we didn't keep in touch to much....she text me one night and goes, i feel like your friend...i didn't know what to say so i just ignored it for the time being....so i kept on talking to get and keeping in touch even due to the distance...then she comes home and i asked her to chill but she was always to busy....either hanging out with her girl friends or guy friends...(which i didn't care for to much with the guys)....but i finally got to see her and things were great, gave me a little good night kiss and that was that.....about 3 days later just before i was about to see her again we started fighting....i asked her if she was lieing to me about other guys and she goes on to say im way over protective....and she said she was lieing to me just so i wouldn't get mad...i told her just to keep it streight with me and don't tell me what i want to hear but tell me how she really feels and she goes I JUST WANT TO BE FRIENDS..REALLY GOOD FRIENDS...LIKE BEST FRIENDS....it was like a dagger to my heart...i asked her what she ment everytime she told me she loved me and she says its a different type of love....so i said idk if i can be friends because i want more...i want to be with her and she dosen't feel the same.....i really do care for the girl and she wants to be friends....we talked tonight and faught again and i just don't know what else to do....i ended up just saying goodnight and quit talking to her....

what should i do now?! im clueless on how to handel this and i could really use some advice

*i am in school still and she is two years younger than me....i relize were young but i really need some advice so please don't hate on me for this....

I want nothing more than to be with this girl and i don't know what to do to get her to feel the way she did before and not "friends" mode....

Thanks in advance everybody,
    -James

She isn't attracted to you like that anymore. Initially you guys should have dated more instead of the nightly phone calls. Phone calls are for those in bf/gf relationships. Dating is to get there.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    your best bet now is to cut this girl off completely. You sound like you were a little needy and a little possessive which has turned her off.

If you can ignore the girl now, it may arouse her curiosity. She may well start contacting you again unbidden. If she does you'll have to keep the front up for some time to come.

the ignore approach gives you the best chance of opening the door again with this girl, but at the worst, you'll keep your dignity.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    your best bet now is to cut this girl off completely. You sound like you were a little needy and a little possessive which has turned her off.

If you can ignore the girl now, it may arouse her curiosity. She may well start contacting you again unbidden. If she does you'll have to keep the front up for some time to come.

the ignore approach gives you the best chance of opening the door again with this girl, but at the worst, you'll keep your dignity.
    CB is right on all fronts.

Girls hate being ignored or not being acknowledge generally, it sparks curiosity and a challenge for them. Redemption may be possible.

Also something he didn't mention that is true is that you want to make yourself more appealing. Be happy and busy, make yourself look like a hot item. Even if you're sad put on a smile....fake it till you make it.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

thanks yall...its been hard but i've been keepin my distance as much as possible....she text me last night and i talked for a bit, just to not be a total dick, but we haven't talked in person...as hard as it is im just waiting it out and giving her to relize what she's missin....