+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girl I like only wants to be friends

Girl I like only wants to be friends

Okay there is a girl that I have been hanging with a lot in the last month or two. At first she was treating me like everyone else but later she tells me that she actually likes me and things like that and of course my feelings were mutual. Everything goes extremely well, we hang out and actually went to Sonic to eat once which you could call a date a guess. Everything is great until one saturday night she while we were texting she tells me we should only be friends.

This caught me extremely off guard naturally because of all of her past actions and things she said. I ask her what changed about things two days after that and it took her like 6 hours to finally answer question in whih she says that she never liked me enough to actually date, but that contradicts things that she said in past so I don't know what to think.

Also she is white, well cuban indian and white, and im a black guy if that helps anything. We always hung out later and at my place because she didn't know how her mom would react.

Any help on what to do would be great.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    what's there to help with. she said it like it is. just accept it.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

You said it with "you could call it a date, I guess." It was a date, you didn't notice that, and it lacked romance. Without romance, you will not be considered suitable for further dates.

You're likely out of luck, but you can tell her something along the lines of, "No, thank you. I have enough friends. What I am looking for with you is a deep and lasting emotional connection."

I would accept it if it weren't for all of the other things she did and said to first poster. She would text me at like 12 at night sometimes saying she wanted to see me, and I know that is not something you would do for only a friend. She also called me while I was at a party once saying she wanted to see me in which case I actually left the party to see her.

She also asked me once what we were going to do about the two of us because being an interacial couple can have just a few small problems considering a lot of things.

Also while hanging out she laid her head on my shoulder once and just laid there for a bit, which im also sure only friends wouldn't do, or at least not in that way.

I want to get over this but I am finding it very hard considering the abruptness of the whole incident. I just wanna know if there is anyway to get her back if any.

maybe she was lonely and since you're the only one who's available that's why she's texting you...

forget her, she's not worth it.

Sounds like she liked the attention and you were more than willing to give it to her.

Listen, she said she's not interested in your romantically and just wants to be friends-- so listen to her.

If she does have an issue with it being an interracial relationship, it's best she stopped it before it started.. if she's not comfortable with it now, there's a good chance she wouldn't be comfortable with it in the future.

Its not that she has a problem with an interacial relationship its just that she thinks the town we live in is to judgemental and she would rather keep it between us.

Also I wouldn't say I gave her to much attention, she is usually busy all the time and would take time to spend with me on weekends even if she was with other people. Also when I was at that party that I left to see her she was also at one of her friends parties and actually left there when I said I would meet her. There are so many things that make me think that she thought of me as more than a friend but yet she tells me this. This situation is very hard to get over.
    Last edited by blacksparrow360; 15-05-09 at 07:15 AM.