+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need input, do I intimdate people?

Need input, do I intimdate people?

Question - In my past (before high-school when I hit puberty) I wasn't the most popular kid, and because of that I had some pretty flaky friends and had problems talking to girls because of my reputation.

However, in high-school after I had grown I was getting told all the time by pretty attractive girls that I was really good looking, yet even moved away from where I grew up I have a problem making friends and talking to people and for the longest time, even after having some very attractive girlfriends and some very good friends I still felt kind of insecure because of my past. (Please don't think im bragging or being cocky, im just trying to figure this out) However In college i've began to wonder if the problem is similiar but caused by something else. After a friend who was from the same place talked to me this weekend (who we were not friends before are time at this college) told me that the reason we weren't friends in high school was it seemed like i had this "im to good attitude" about me.

Is there a chance that the problems I have with people not seeming to want to talk to me unless I initiate the conversation first are caused by the fact that according to girls i am really good looking? Is there any chance that is hendering my relationships with guys and girls because of an intimidation presence i give off because of good looks? I have no idea and im really not trying to brag, please dont flame me.
    How we survive is what makes us who we are.

I'm going to have to say no, that's not it. I've known some stop-traffic, mouth-hanging-open beautiful men, and everybody wanted to know them because they were open and sweet. I've also known good-looking men that nobody liked and it was because of how they acted, not how they looked.

What's turning people away is probably more of a guardedness about you, a closed expression. Try smiling sometime.
    Spammer Spanker

how about a picture?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things