+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Nurse Vashtiiiii

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Nurse Vashtiiiii

So, I closed the gang box today, while turning away from it, it's hard to explain, but I basically twisted my left arm a little more inward (clockwise from my perspective). And I felt a sort of snap. Not necessarily that something broke, but it felt like one of those...tendons? ligaments? The thingies that connect my muscle to my bones in my wrist, got caught on the wrist bone where my pinkie is, and kinda snapped like a rubber band.

Now I feel a little numbness in my pinkie, soreness on that side of the hand, and a weak grip.

Diagnose me.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'll diagnose you.

You pulled a muscle or something, ya big pussy. Suck it up. It will get better in a couple days. If it doesn't, **** it. That's why you have two arms.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    I'll diagnose you.

You pulled a muscle or something, ya big pussy. Suck it up. It will get better in a couple days. If it doesn't, **** it. That's why you have two arms.
    If that were the case (ouch), then (ouch), I would be out of the job. (ouch).

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    So, I closed the gang box today, while turning away from it, it's hard to explain, but I basically twisted my left arm a little more inward (clockwise from my perspective). And I felt a sort of snap. Not necessarily that something broke, but it felt like one of those...tendons? ligaments? The thingies that connect my muscle to my bones in my wrist, got caught on the wrist bone where my pinkie is, and kinda snapped like a rubber band.

Now I feel a little numbness in my pinkie, soreness on that side of the hand, and a weak grip.

Diagnose me.
    apply a cold pack and wear a thumb spica. (i work for an orthopedist)
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    I'll diagnose you.

LOL, if it doesn't go see a medico. Anyway, regular nurses don't diagnose (nurse practioners might, not sure). That's one of the big diffs b/t them and medicos. Hopefully she can tell you what to put on it, tho.

Meantime, go have fun. Post the freakiest thing it says you got:

[url]http://symptoms.webmd.com/default.htm[/url]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Somehow in the 20 possible conditions for the wrist, this was one of them: Crohn's disease is a lifelong inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Parts of the digestive tract get swollen and have deep sores called ulcers. Crohn’s disease usually is found in the last part of the small intestine and the first part of the large intestine. But it can develop anywhere in the digestive tract, from the mouth to the anus.

As we say in cycling...Harden the **** up!

If anything you probably ripped a tendon/ligament, which you might possibly need surgery for.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you can safely rule out Crohn's.

Anyway, I don't know what is wrong with you, but the numbness and weak grip are probably related to the nervous system. I'd see a doctor if I were you. As for ice or heat - it depends on the injury. Ice will decrease blood flow and reduced swelling, and heat will increase blood flow. If there was some sort of muscular injury, i'd ice it, but neuro problems? I don't think so.

Dont you have any insurance yet? You should go see the urgent care physician. Don't wait if the arm becomes very painful and your fingers start turning blue and cool.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Is that because heat decreases the viscosity of the blood?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    [url]http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/sportsmedicine/a/iceorheat.htm[/url]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I'm no doctor...but I think it actually causes the blood vessels and capilaries to contract. Which means there's a smaller passage for blood to flow through. Kind of how your skin tightens when you're cold (goosebumps).

I don't think it has to do with the viscosity. And actually it would increase the viscosity if it did anything. Decrease means it flows more easily. A high viscosity fluid is something like molasses. I believe if your blood's viscosity actually increases with cold, you've got some problems.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    I'm no doctor...but I think it actually causes the blood vessels and capilaries to contract. Which means there's a smaller passage for blood to flow through. Kind of how your skin tightens when you're cold (goosebumps).

I don't think it has to do with the viscosity. And actually it would increase the viscosity if it did anything. Decrease means it flows more easily. A high viscosity fluid is something like molasses. I believe if your blood's viscosity actually increases with cold, you've got some problems.
    I think you know what you mean, but used the wrong word? Want to edit your answer, AJ?

Think of your pink lobster body in a hot bathtub...
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Nevermind, I'm good.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Nah, heat dilates blood vessels. If you have impaired circulation, putting ice on it will only make things worse, but heat will help.

Frasbee - I'm glad you are feeling better. You might still want to have someone look at it if the pain doesn't get any better. You may have torn something inside, but no one will know unless they have a look at it, and you wouldn't want to make it worse.

For the record, I'm training to be a DOU nurse. You would get better advice for acute injuries from an ER nurse.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?