+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it bad to get rejected by half of women you pursue?

Is it bad to get rejected by half of women you pursue?

I like to hit on women I barely know or just met. So far, I've hit on a total of 6 women and got rejected by 3, and succeeded with 3. By "success" the girl is willing to get into a relationship with you.

So now I'm curious, is 50% success rate normal or bad? What should be a "normal" success rate? So let's say a hypothetical guy who is average in every way hit on 100 women in a given period, what should be the "expected" number of women willing to date him?

Yes, a weird question. Thanks

That would be to varied.

Do these women all want a relationship? How many just want to screw?

There's no expected success percentage. The only thing that matters is that you're doing it and getting successful approaches.
    I don't chase, I replace.

I think a 50% success rate with strangers is outstanding. Even a 10% success rate is worth the effort if you keep your ego in check and don't take rejection personally. The old joke: what's the best pickup line? it's "wanna screw?" Sure you'll get slapped 99 times out of a hundred, but the other 1% makes it worth the effort.

Carl.
    Last edited by carl1222; 24-02-09 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    I think a 50% success rate with strangers is outstanding. Even a 10% success rate is worth the effort if you keep your ego in check and don't take rejection personally. The old joke: what's the best pickup line? it's "wanna screw?" Sure you'll get slapped 99 times out of a hundred, but the other 1% makes it worth the effort.

Carl.

I wonder if that pickup line for use by women would be more successful? As in 99 times out of hundred (in regards to use on single men).
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    I wonder if that pickup line for use by women would be more successful? As in 99 times out of hundred (in regards to use on single men).

999 times out of a thousand ... men are soooo easy!!!

Carl.

...The old joke: what's the best pickup line? it's "wanna screw?" Sure you'll get slapped 99 times out of a hundred, but the other 1% makes it worth the effort.
    God i love that 1%.....
    "We are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically.
    That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that.
    It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us."
    — Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by aihara View Post
    I like to hit on women I barely know or just met. So far, I've hit on a total of 6 women and got rejected by 3, and succeeded with 3. By "success" the girl is willing to get into a relationship with you.

So now I'm curious, is 50% success rate normal or bad? What should be a "normal" success rate? So let's say a hypothetical guy who is average in every way hit on 100 women in a given period, what should be the "expected" number of women willing to date him?

Yes, a weird question. Thanks
    Dude 50% success rate is absolutely high. You can't attract every woman you hit on. They could be in a relationship, homosexual, or plain not interested.

What are you smoking?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    Absolutely. It's one of the reasons I would never ask out a man.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

A normal success rate is about 10%. Maybe you should try asking the good-looking girls next and see what happens.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    A normal success rate is about 10%. Maybe you should try asking the good-looking girls next and see what happens.

what a shitty question
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

999 times out of a thousand ... men are soooo easy!!!

Carl.
    I find that most of the time single men wouldn't reject a girl to date unless she's really ugly because he wants to get laid. But chances of finding young men who are willing to commit and put decent effort in an actual relationship is slim.

I share Carl's opinion, 50% is excellent, concerning you don't know them, and if you do the still, its so great.

I don't ask them--they ask me out. I've only asked two or three women out. The rest of them (45+) have asked me out.

In the end, though, the true test is not how many will go out with you--the real test is how many of them will be your match...and in that case, it only has to be one of them.

Unfortunately, I find that the one's worth dating are all hooked up and/or are female moderators on LF...and giving pretty good advice, too (especially when they tell me that I'm being an idiot, but that they think I'm a pretty nice guy despite everything).