+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Reading into personals?

Reading into personals?

Hi folks, i answered a personal ad the other week and ended up meeting this really great girl. I liked her a lot, we spent quite a bit of time with one another and i think we both hit it off really well. I missed a few opportunities with her that night (like chances to hold her hand and such), but i think she may have forgiven me.
    Well. I went out with her yesterday and we just went for a walk and then some java.
    When i originally asked her if she wanted to go out Sat. Night, She told me yes, and i told her i would call her later and tell her what was planned because she was out with some friends.
    The following day I told her i needed to go for a nice walk in the afternoon because the weather was going to be real nice for a change, and she was more than welcome to come along if she wanted to, then told her I wanted to take her to dinner and go dancing (which i know she wanted last time, but i backed out).
    She told me that she'd really enjoy that, but appologized because she forgot about a birthday party she needed to attend saturday night, and said that she would be more than happy to go for a walk instead.
    Well we finally went out yesterday and walked for a good 2 hours then had a cup of coffee, we talked about what we should do next time, and again, in my opinion hit it off.
    My question is this; She had originally told me that she had a birthday party to go to, but when i asked her what her plans were for Sat. night during out walk she said she was just going to hang out with a girlfriend and have a few drinks. I'm just wondering if i'm the only one a little off put by this since i got 2 different stories about why she didn't want to go out on Sat. Night!? Or am i just reading into this too much? any guidance is much appreciated. Thanks

Well it's still too early but hanging out with a girlfriend and having a few drinks could mean a birthday party.

Quote Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post
    ...told me that she had a birthday party to go to...she was just going to hang out with a girlfriend and have a few drinks...
    What the hell do YOU do on your birthday? Because i gotta tell you, every birthday since i turned 18 as involved me getting drunk.

And seriously it's too soon to be taking this thing too seriously and calling it a "relationship". You guys went out a few times and had fun... leave it at that. Don't bug her too much or she'll be put off by your advances. So be cool and enjoy your 'friendship". For now.
    "We are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically.
    That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that.
    It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us."
    — Neil deGrasse Tyson