+ Follow This Topic

Thread: the result

the result

hey to everyone who has taken the time to read this thread. It is a follow up to a post I made back in feb i think.. anyway 2 recap in short i met this girl by accident on the internet. it wasn't a dating site or a chatroom but we spoke more and more. over time we go to know each other so well. we would spend up to 6 hours a day talking on skype or whatever, (i do have a life by the way.) i'm not a loner who sits at his laptop, i am a DJ and a university student with a passion of photography and graphic design. i have had long term relationships before of up to a year but i have now at this current date known her for just over 2 years without ever meeting her. yet we spent so much time together and i consider her to be my soul mate.

now the problem is she lives in italy and i in england. i don't have much time due to university and the same for her to meet. I have been a bit neurotic and have lost total trust in her. i cannot be so far away from someone i care and love so much. my last post was referring to this, what to do etc. i actually totally ended it a week ago. i have tried to before because it is sheer torment to be always thinking and worrying of what could be. the fact is i will never know. but i always came back because i coud simply not have her out of my life. she is the only girl i have ever considered being in a long term relationship with and i wouldn't have kept any other girl in my life for 2 years without meeting her apart from her. i never even wanted to or went with other girls for 2 years!! but this time i have manged to be firm with my decision. if there is no trust in a relationship it will never be a happy one. so i deided this. if she really does feel the same way as i do, if we are soulmates we will one day be together. if not then so be it. i am not going to let it control my life anymore. the weird thing is, even though i have accepted the fact i need her out of my life right now, that we are nothing now, i still don't feel the urge to go and try to be with someone else.... i wonder how long that will last!?? she could be the most unfaithful, liying 2 faced woman in the world and i have saved myself from a distaster, or she is that person everyone searches for in their, but only i actually found her....

Another one to add to the...What's the category called again? "Hopeless Internet Relationships" or something, no?

But anyways, how have the two of you communicated? Had a video conference yet, or has it been limited to photos and messages?

we have emailed, spoken on msn, video chat on skype, hearing each other on the fone and stuff. we even sent letters to each other whicj i think is very personal and traditional. its cool. the 2 years i spent with her were better than any relationship has offered me in reality. even the 2 years i spent with a gir here was nothign compared to the time i soent with someone i have never met. it is not failed, i left it right now, there are many years in the future and if we feel the same in a year or so, we can meet, maybe before. but right now it cannot be...

Well, you made the right decision. If you don't trust it on the basis of being someone you can't be with all the time, then you shouldn't be with them.

I think you should ask yourself this, though - why do you not trust someone if they're not around all the time? I've had this problem, and it all turned out to be false. I had no reason not to trust someone because they were far away. In fact, it was a way of expressing my low self-esteem. If you view yourself as a good person to be with, you shouldn't worry about unfaithfulness, especially if you had the kind of relationship you two did. Talking 6 hours a day on skype doesn't allow for much time for other guys.
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

i don't know the reasons why i can't trust her. i think part of it is that she has such an impact on my life, she is amazing to me, so unique and special. when i hear her or see her i know she is that person i belong to. but then being so far away and never with me makes me think and worry too much. i have spent many days half being here and half lost in torment and paranoia. i really cannot bear that situation much more so i have done what i have done. it is hard you know, there are times when i am close to asking her to talk, she has txt me a few times saying that she can't stop thinking of me, she misses me more and more, that she cannot understand my reasons. i have replied saying how i feel, that she is everything to me but i cannot be this way anymore. if this summer she comes here as she may well do with her university course, i will go and meet her for sure, without a second thought. i do not have the money or time to go there right now. if we are meant to be together we will... i still dream yes, but i am not going to get my hopes up too high...