+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Commitment Issues x2

In the wastelands between insomnia and clarevoiance

Commitment Issues x2

I may answer my own question in this post - I often do, but I like to write out my thoughts anyway.

Alright, so, long story short, I'm on Spring Break and this Monday, I went with a buddy to his girlfriends house to watch some horror flick. We invited another buddy and there was another girl there too, so in total, there were six of us. I knew all three girls from school, but not extremely well. I was only good friends with my buddy's girlfriend. Things weren't awkward, since we were all kind of friends, but we didn't hang out on a regular basis.

Irregardless, I really hit things off with one of the girls. At first it was just generic flirting. She started going through my cell phone or something like that, and there was some physical contact, but nothing major. But that evolved as the hours wore down, and, to spare you all the horrible details, we ended up cuddling and generically flirting through the end of the party. At the end of it, we both recognized that there was something there, but we both have had commitment issues in the past. We haven't had a completely overt conversation about it, but I think what we kind of decided was that, since we didn't really know each other amazingly, we would wait it out. My friend really wanted me to ask her out immediately, but again, for the same reason, I decided not to.

So, she is basically gone in Florida until next Thursday, and I leave next Monday for a whole week (we have two weeks of Spring Break). So I'll see her in school on Monday. My friends have basically already decided that the same group would meet up again and do something similar the weekend after school starts, so I plan on seeing her then. I also have three periods of classes with her, so it isn't as though I don't see her throughout the day. I've been texting her almost non-stop, and we've had some serious and unserious conversations, but I think I've gotten to know her a bit more, and I actually really like her. We have stuff in common and, despite the fact that I probably wouldn't have seen her as the smartest girl around (she wasn't dumb, but I'm like top three in my class, so my standards and general standards are often different) and she is really pretty intelligent.

So.. I guess I want to know where I ought to go from here. I like her, and I think that I can overcome my personal commitment issues. Just hang out with her a bit more and see where it goes? I mean, clearly, there was something physically there, and I think there is something there mentally.
    BACAMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Charity is gay.

In the wastelands between insomnia and clarevoiance
    Alright, so things just got a bit more complicated for me, I guess.

We've been texting pretty much non-stop for the past couple days. Not my preferred method of communication, but I guess its moderately convenient. Anyway, so, we were talking about a couple that we're mutually friends with and sort of joking around and then she says something along the lines of "But I would have to say that dating is severely overrated", to which I said "Most of the time, yeh". And she wanted to know what I meant, and I made some comment about not regretting some of my relationships.

According to her, she's been in only one real relationship. She's "hooked up" (as far as the teenage sense goes: making out) with a couple guys. That doesn't really bother me, but I'm not the kind of guy who would kiss a girl without actually dating her. I mean, look, I'm the kind of person who believes that marriage doesn't really have a point in today's society, but I like the idea of trust in a relationship. And I don't think you can have that kind of trust if you don't actually have a relationship. And so I'm a bit stuck on what to do or how to approach this.
    BACAMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Charity is gay.