+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The inevitable is beginning to happen

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

The inevitable is beginning to happen

When I first came to college is when I really found out the political and social atmosphere of a campus (at least this campus). Obviously I had already been anticipating it a little because you'd had to have been living under a rock to be unaware of how college campuses are

Unfortunately, the social atmosphere is a lot more forceful than I guessed it was going to be. I learned that about one and a half years ago during the first week here. And back then was when I realized:

"It's only a matter of time before the relentless and forceful imposition of their beliefs wears on me"

And guess what? That time has come. Actually, the time really began on the first day, it just takes a lot of time before the effects become noticeable. I can tell in so many ways, and it's sickening to me that their brainwashing actually has an effect. At least I'm aware of it

Such as this- (Since I know many of you are going to say I was being too vague or whatever, here is a concrete example of what I mean. There are many, many others that are totally different, but here is just 1) Let's say you are having an argument with someone who isn't an idiot. You have a sound argument that they can't respond to. Yet your argument cannot sway them from their beliefs, or whatever it is you are arguing. That's because they simply have a feeling, they actually have an emotional response of sorts, that doesn't allow them to change their mind, despite having seen a sound argument coming from the other direction

Before having these feelings myself, I at least recognized what they were. People unable to change their minds on some (usually social) issue, despite sound arguments against it AND THEIR OWN ADMISSION of that. These "issues" aren't spiritual or godly ones, they are worldly and pragmatic issues. However, you can almost hear their enzymes pumping out hormones and brain chemicals that give them this FEELING they are unable to shake

Now I have these feelings at pretty much the exact analogous times in the present to what I just described. Unbelievable? No

The brainwashing is just effective

How are you feeling about homos these days, DM?
    Spammer Spanker

Change comes slowly. You can't expect someone to change just like that. Change needs time.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Surely there must be some fellow conservatives on your campus. Why don't you look for them?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Humans are resistant to change, DM. Welcome to the real world. Wait until you come across your first Jehovah's Witness patient.

Good news is that you realize all psych is manipulating that hormone flux. Get good at it, it will help you.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Welcome to the real world.
    What do you mean the real world? I'm in college, this is the farthest from "the real world" that there is. The real world I found at home in Rochester in my day to day activities

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Humans are resistant to change, DM. Welcome to the real world. Wait until you come across your first Jehovah's Witness patient
    I wasn't really talking about this. I was talking about people who even know they aren't right on a conscious level, but before they completely realize that they allow their soft, bleeding hearts to get the better of them, and succumb to that wave of passive anger and sadness that the world isn't what they want it to be

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Real world isn't accurate, you are right about college life. I guess I just meant adulthood, in the sense of becoming more aware of people's motives. Its a good thing, for you.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    the world isn't what they want it to be
    Isn't the world what we want it to be anyway? Isn't our perception what creates our reality?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've felt like you've always been emotionally charged about the topics you've brought forth to this forum.