+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Loving relationship just not sexually intimate?

Loving relationship just not sexually intimate?

Hi

Do you think it's possible to have a fully loving relationship, whithout there being much physical contact? Most being some form of hug, occationally holding hands, simple innocent stuff. (May become developed later but initially for a while)

I may be totally wrong in thinking this, but i think that it is possible because it means that a stronger bond between the two people before, and it's not merely based on a sexual interest. Also eventually won't that spark go, so there needs to be something left, or is that built up through being together.

Anyway what do other people think about this?
    Last edited by Pietomb; 04-04-09 at 07:09 PM.

I doubt it

Females need someone to not only be loving but physically intimate
    Relationships are never a threat, cause I'll Erase the history and act like we never met

--Joe Budden

Quote Originally Posted by Pietomb View Post
    Hi

Do you think it's possible to have a fully loving relationship, whithout there being much physical contact?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Island View Post

Yes you can have a loving 'friendship' without there being much physical contact...

However, a relationship will need some physical contact eventually... though taking things a bit slow might give both involved time to sort out their feelings without sex clouding the issue.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

i think that it is possible because it means that a stronger bond between the two people before
    I don't understand. Explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Spring Haze View Post
    I don't understand. Explain.
    i mean in that to spend time with eachother without anything sexual you really have to enjoy spending time together.

but then do you enjoy spending time together through intimacy?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Of course it is possible. People with certain chronic illnesses have these kinds of relationships all the time. However, I don't think it is appropriate to cut yourself off from this kind of physical pleasure if you are young and unmarried. It is too much to expect a person to sacrifice.

basically it can happen but it is something that must be given and not expected, what's wrong with being intimate though?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do you think it's possible to have a fully loving relationship, whithout there being much physical contact?
    All the time, many people have these kind of relationships with their family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Island View Post
    I doubt it

Exactly. You have to understand that women have multiple needs, and to have a successful relationship, you need to fill a majority of them.

Quote Originally Posted by lover12 View Post
    Exactly. You have to understand that women have multiple needs, and to have a successful relationship, you need to fill a majority of them.

My mind is way too much in the gutter today to let something like that go by...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Hi

Do you think it's possible to have a fully loving relationship, whithout there being much physical contact? Most being some form of hug, occationally holding hands, simple innocent stuff. (May become developed later but initially for a while)

I may be totally wrong in thinking this, but i think that it is possible because it means that a stronger bond between the two people before, and it's not merely based on a sexual interest. Also eventually won't that spark go, so there needs to be something left, or is that built up through being together.

Anyway what do other people think about this?
    i think it is possible but only for a while but as time goes there has to be some intimacy involve.

what do you mean? like you DON'T want to do sexual acts or your just not at that level yet?

anyways, i agree what everybody has written.

Hi

Of course it's possible. Happens everyday. In fact, I wish it would happen to me! I always get screwed (no pun intended) because I get too involved with someone and then it turns out I actually hate them in the end. That's what just happened to me recently. I'm not saying that will happen to anyone else so don't get me wrong...... but I'm a fan of the slow way forward myself. Saves me a lot of time and hassle later.