+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Bit of a problem..

Bit of a problem..

Alright well about a month ago me and my girlfriend of more than 2 years broke up. The thing is I was just getting over a case of depression and never meant to break up.. but we did and I dont even remember why. I tried explaining to her I just needed a little time and I was pretty sick I only wanted a break, not to break up.

Now we're 18 so our prom is coming up. Even after we broke up I still asked her if we could go to prom together, and she said yes but she saidnt she didnt want to be 'together' anymore until she saw that I really was over my depression, I guess she didnt believe me when I told her. Then someone other guy asks her to go and she said yes! My gf of 2 years said yes to somebody else after I paid for our limo, my tux, ticket, even her flowers. Now she says its too late because he bought her ticket and his tux, and she says she said yes because she told me she only wanted to be friends with me for a while and she was afraid I was going to try and ask her prom night to go back out ith me! Like wtf! She has been telling me we can start over in college but I keep telling her not after what you did to me about prom. Now she gets mad when I try to talk her into going with me, when I tell her Im going to go out with other girls, or if I say Im not going to talk to her. Oh and now she tells people that I stalk her for trying to get her to understand I was sick and that she honestly was being stupid with her whole prom thing and now she says that she doesnt love me anymore but idk what to believe because like I said she still gets mad when I talk to other girls or say I wont talk to her but shes fine going to prom with someone else after I asked her.

Bottom line, should I just forget our 2 years of how much we loved each other and really find someone else or still try and convince her that shes not being herself?

She's a waste of time. Find someone else to go the the prom with, and try to enjoy the evening with that person. Try to ignore what she says behind your back.

Realistically-- you probably wouldn't have lasted in college anyway.

You broke up with her, she didn't trust you wouldn't do it again, she told you she just wanted to be friends, she's told you she doesn't love you, etc.. it sounds like you should let it go.

As for her getting upset about you talking about other girls and saying you're not going to talk to her-- well, no kidding. Wouldn't you be upset if she was throwing other guys in your face and saying that she wasn't going to talk to you? It's fairly normal.. and who knows, she might be a bit jealous since the break up is fresh. Regardless-- she's still going with someone else and it doesn't sound like she's ready to pick this relationship back up.

I agree with the previous thread that you wouldn't have lasted through college anyway.

You are 18. That is what is called a 'learning' relationship.

Although she considered the two of you through, what she did was mean and selfish. Sticking you with flowers, limo, tux, tickets. Do you really want someone like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
    Alright well about a month ago me and my girlfriend of more than 2 years broke up. The thing is I was just getting over a case of depression and never meant to break up.. but we did and I dont even remember why. I tried explaining to her I just needed a little time and I was pretty sick I only wanted a break, not to break up.

Now we're 18 so our prom is coming up. Even after we broke up I still asked her if we could go to prom together, and she said yes but she saidnt she didnt want to be 'together' anymore until she saw that I really was over my depression, I guess she didnt believe me when I told her. Then someone other guy asks her to go and she said yes! My gf of 2 years said yes to somebody else after I paid for our limo, my tux, ticket, even her flowers. Now she says its too late because he bought her ticket and his tux, and she says she said yes because she told me she only wanted to be friends with me for a while and she was afraid I was going to try and ask her prom night to go back out ith me! Like wtf! She has been telling me we can start over in college but I keep telling her not after what you did to me about prom. Now she gets mad when I try to talk her into going with me, when I tell her Im going to go out with other girls, or if I say Im not going to talk to her. Oh and now she tells people that I stalk her for trying to get her to understand I was sick and that she honestly was being stupid with her whole prom thing and now she says that she doesnt love me anymore but idk what to believe because like I said she still gets mad when I talk to other girls or say I wont talk to her but shes fine going to prom with someone else after I asked her.

Bottom line, should I just forget our 2 years of how much we loved each other and really find someone else or still try and convince her that shes not being herself?

Piss her off for good. Bury her image and any feelings you have for her till they rot, and they will....quickly

Go to a Pro, a really high class professional pro, and drop 3 weeks or more of wages for as long as you can secure her for the night. Prepare a list of all things you want/need. Give it to her.

Let the night blow your mind.

(If you can't afford a western pro, hop to a third world nation and buy their safest best for 3-7 days, funds dependent).

There are no victims in barter. There are no victims when choosing to move on. Sully her image, sully her memory, cast her to wolves. She's full of crap and would like you to feel it.

Move on all the more clued up.

Pro's are only for the critical moments between love, and this chick doesn't give a shit about you. Return the favour tenfold.

That was mean from her. Sometimes revenge can be considered.
    Don't expect anything.