+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girls having guy friends

Girls having guy friends

I am a girl. I have a lot of guy friends. More guy friends in my recent vicinity than female friends. I'm out of college so a lot of my friends have scattered.

Most (i'll be honest, not all, but the majority) are literally just friends. No one ever kissed anyone, no one ever confessed feelings for anyone else, even if we were both single, we'd go to the bar and complain about whatever, then go our seperate ways at the end. They tell me all the dirty details about their love lives and I tell them mine: just like friends would do, no competition.

The few that liked me at some point, I would make sure to put to the back burner if I found myself in a relationship, but what about my dudes? My hombres? I don't want to have to cut them out just because of a jealous bf. My last bf was a tad crazy and would literally call me drunk and yell at me that I was going to cheat (I've never cheated in my life) because he was insecure. Obviously it's over and done, thank God, but I was curious from the other guy's perspective how common a worry like this is.

You see tons of posts on here about guys who are trying to get with a taken girl, but what about the guys that are literally JUST FRIENDS???

Suggestions? Comments? Questions? I'm all ears. (or eyes considering this is a written forum, lol)
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ella elle l'a
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    ella elle l'a
    stuff it in your mother's vagina sonrisa

-Lily Tomlin

Guys don't usually befriend a girl because she's good company. They befriend the girl because she has a vagina and they wouldn't mind sticking it in her at some point. To think otherwise is stupid.

Chris Rock said it best.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuUhwFXM6Gg"]YouTube - Chris Rock - Bring the Pain - Platonic Friends[/ame]
    I don't chase, I replace.

You cannot sacrifice your friends for the sake of your relationship. I consider friendships sacred, and anyone who insisted that I ditch them would find themselves out in the cold in approximately 37 nanoseconds. It makes no difference if anything happened between me and them in the distant past.

The source of such a problem with a jealous lover has absolutely nothing to do with your friends. It is entirely about his insecurity. If you try to address the problem by putting your friends "on the back burner," you will (a) destroy your valuable relationships with them, and (b) not solve the problem.

Today, it is your friends who showed some interest in you. Tomorrow it will be all your male friends, then all your friends, then talking to anyone at all. Nothing you ever do will satisfy a jealous lover, because the problem is their insecurity, not your friendships. Ditching friends does nothing at all to address that insecurity, and therefore can never solve the issue. Give in to jealousy once, and be a kept woman forever. You are an adult human being. You get to choose your companions, and if some newcomer boyfriend doesn't like that, he can pound sand.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollerderby View Post
    stuff it in your mother's vagina sonrisa
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oboymzFgIhU"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

NBT is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pry View Post
    You cannot sacrifice your friends for the sake of your relationship. I consider friendships sacred, and anyone who insisted that I ditch them would find themselves out in the cold in approximately 37 nanoseconds. It makes no difference if anything happened between me and them in the distant past.

The source of such a problem with a jealous lover has absolutely nothing to do with your friends. It is entirely about his insecurity. If you try to address the problem by putting your friends "on the back burner," you will (a) destroy your valuable relationships with them, and (b) not solve the problem.

Today, it is your friends who showed some interest in you. Tomorrow it will be all your male friends, then all your friends, then talking to anyone at all. Nothing you ever do will satisfy a jealous lover, because the problem is their insecurity, not your friendships. Ditching friends does nothing at all to address that insecurity, and therefore can never solve the issue. Give in to jealousy once, and be a kept woman forever. You are an adult human being. You get to choose your companions, and if some newcomer boyfriend doesn't like that, he can pound sand.
    A-men.

(I wanted to leave it at that, but, they said my message was too short)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pry View Post

Thank you, I agree with you completely. I am not one for sticking with jealous lovers for very long. I also think that if the partner with the friends of the opposite gender, cannot be trusted then the relationship is going to die anyway. There is no love without trust. And while we live in a world where cheating seems to be the norm, there are still those with integrity. I for one would not sacrifice a friendship for a relationship.

I also say Amen brotha

-Lily Tomlin

I never minded if my gf had male friends so long as she knew that there are boundaries. The one thing I have always been uncomfortable with, however, is my gf being friends with a guy that she has had a sexual relationship with. I would expect her to feel the same about me being friends with a girl I've had a sexual relationship with too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I never minded if my gf had male friends so long as she knew that there are boundaries. The one thing I have always been uncomfortable with, however, is my gf being friends with a guy that she has had a sexual relationship with. I would expect her to feel the same about me being friends with a girl I've had a sexual relationship with too.
    Well, that is completely understandable. Friends don't have sex with friends.

-Lily Tomlin

Well, that is completely understandable. Friends don't have sex with friends.
    Half of your male "friends" would stick their dick so far in your vagina.

Most of you women need to wake up.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am a girl. I have a lot of guy friends. More guy friends in my recent vicinity than female friends. I'm out of college so a lot of my friends have scattered.

Most (i'll be honest, not all, but the majority) are literally just friends.

it sounds like most of them already did.

NBT is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

lmfao! True, in most cases.

Though, the girl's looks DO play a part in how anxious that male friend would BE.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    it sounds like most of them already did.
    No, you didn't read. The guys that I am still friends with started as friends, and then ended up liking me (if they didn't fall into the first category) except I wasn't interested. No one who stuck their dick in my vag previously is still in my life as a friend. I can't help people who started as friends and then I became aware they had feelings.

Right now I'm single, but I said if I were dating someone I wouldn't be keeping it a secret from any of my friends. I'm not a player. However, I am aware enough of others feelings to know who is interested in more than just friends and who is really and truly just a friend. Most of the guys who are just my friends in my life have been just friends since high school and the relationship has never changed. You can say what you want about no such thing as platonic relationships, but even Cain said, he doesn't care as long as his gf knows her boundaries.

I wouldn't date someone again who was insecure enough to make me feel like shit for having the friends I do. The ones I consider friends I consider such because those boundaries have never been crossed. Some guys, sure, like to pretense with "oh we're just friends" but I'm not stupid, I know the difference because I have both extremes in my life.

But like I said, I'm single, so I don't have anyone else to answer to. If I did, I would make sure they got to meet all the people in my life. But I don't keep in touch with exes or past flings. The guys in my life have never seen me nekkid.

-Lily Tomlin

and the other half?

Even if the first half wants to, it doesn't mean it's ever going to happen.

-Lily Tomlin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast