+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girls and best friends

Girls and best friends

Hey, something happened today which wasnt fun at all. This girl im seeing was with me and my bestfriend, and she really didnt like him, she actually said she hated him. Now my best friend found out through her other friends, and he told me i should drop whats going on with her because if becomes serious it could damage our friendship. I think thats bullshit hes my brother and nothing could come between us. Yet I really like this girl and so far its simply magic with her and im not gonna end it on what could possibly happen, which i think wont. I dunno any input would be nice, thanks

I'd stick with her,

Your friend either can't handle the fact that not everyone he meets will like him, or he's jealous, or both. Depends on the level of your friendship. But basically, that's his problem. If you still want to value his friendship (he may grow out of it), have separate time for him and separate time for her. Probably the biggest thing to be careful of in doing this is that many people lose contact with their friends if they don't spend "some" time with them.

Oh yeah, if you spend time with your friend eve though your gf approve, you won't be on a leash.
    It's like in the Seinfeld episode where...

i disagree. your truly good friends will be there for you through thick and thin, and as much as you might think this girl will be too, she could change her mind tomorrow and not be there for you at all. I'm not saying this is going to happen, and definitely don't break up with the girl if things are going so well. But you need to sit down and have a talk with her. Your friends reflect you, and they mean a lot to you, and if she cares about you, then she will try to care for the people that you care about. Or at least TOLERATE them. Don't you want her to be able to hang out with you and your friends sometimes? She shouldn't shun your friends, she should embrace them. And if she doesn't get along with one of them, then she needs to deal with it, but don't go and bash him to people. Your friend is upset because he doesn't want a girl to pull you away from him. She is upset for herself, not for you.

So yeah, talk to her. and talk to your friend. But don't let yourself be influenced by things she says, just because you care about her. You know your best friend WAY better than she does, and he's your best friend for a good reason, I'm assuming.
    Cinderella said to Snow White
    "How does love get so off course
    All I wanted was a white knight
    With a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset
    [URL=http://dizzygirl.net]Baby I'm forever yours[/URL]"

Good comment, swimmingNreverie, but you have to accept the fact that some people Just. Don't. Like. Each. Other. I agree (and never meant otherwise) that Haggard shouldn't give up his friendship, but it might take a little bit of time to assimilate the two.

You know it really is like the Seinfeld Episode... I guess thats why I love that show.

yeah, but i said that if she cares about him, she should at least tolerate his friends

that goes whether you like them or not

sounds to me like she's not even attempting. If I was dating someone and they had the nerve to tell me they hated my best friend... well lets just say that I wouldn't be very happy with him, and he would know it
    Last edited by swimmingNreverie; 29-07-04 at 08:30 PM.
    Cinderella said to Snow White
    "How does love get so off course
    All I wanted was a white knight
    With a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset
    [URL=http://dizzygirl.net]Baby I'm forever yours[/URL]"

OK, so she needs to learn a few social graces, maybe it's Haggard who will teach her. and as I said, it might take some time to assimilate the two.

Give it a go Haggard, and if she doesn't come round, lose her.