+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do You Celebrate Month Anniversaries?

Do You Celebrate Month Anniversaries?

My GF and I celebrate our 10 Month anniversary today.
    But I had to do an assignment for varsity today, now shes upset at me saying we never do anything nice for it and that it obviously doesn't bother me that we don't do something.
    I know it is important to her, so I said as soon as I am finished my assignment we can do something.

Now I think why make it such a big thing? Its as if its a counter to see how long we have been able to stay together, to brag to other people we can survive for 10 months? It is only 10 months, not even a year, but shes angry and grumpy towards me because of it.

Am I missing something maybe?
    Thanks

me and my b/f used to... until we got onto years

Too many 'anniversaries' makes them less special. I'd stop with the monthly and just go with annual. Besides, if you are celebrating that often that you are together, does that mean you aren't expecting to last until the next month?

Only teenagers... or those with teenage mentalities... care for such a thing. You're not married, there's no point in celebrating being together x number of months.

No, I celebrate NONE of that. I'm not married.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Wow, celebrating every month seems ridiculous. I mean, I guess if you're younger it sort of makes sense, since lets face it, you probably won't last years-- but making it a big deal? Pointless.

Her getting upset about it just shows her age and immaturity. Celebrating monthly is like saying "yay! We were able to stand each other for another 30 days!" Not a great message to send out haha.

Actually, celebrating by the month for me was like a countdown to the year. My bf and I used to go out to dinner or something for it, or just say happy whatever month(s), but it's not as special as the year anniversary. It doesnt make you stupid or immature for celebrating the relationship by the month. What makes you immature is if you make a huge deal out of not spending the entire day together for something necessary like school work.

Stop knocking the chick for liking to celebrate by the month. Her reaction to you actually doing school work was the only thing I found to be ridiculous.

Some people do it, some dont. It doesnt determine their level of stupidity or intelligence.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    Actually, celebrating by the month for me was like a countdown to the year.
    Really!?!

This is an interesting topic because I just discussed this with my male friend last night. He thought it was unnecessary for a relationship. I have never done anything like that in my entire life. But if they do yearly anniversaries, I suppose that's cool.

Monthly anniversaries...What's that?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

That is my views on why I do it. It's nothing of the sort that we could actually last so long and blah blah. It's a form of way to look forward to the year, which is when it is truly celebrated. I also countdown the months to other things, but I dont think I should get knocked for it.

I dont see people knocking people for not doing it, so why are the ones who do it getting knocked? You either do it or you dont. So what?
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Well the guy didn't like maintaining that particular date every month and then yearly...and not being married. He felt the relationship was not serious and he no longer wanted to do that sort of thing.

For me, I don't have a date in mind and I'm not interested in those sorts of things (I've never done yearly, monthly, daily, hourly, minutes, or seconds ever).

I don't care. I'm not stopping anyone from doing whatever they desire.

I think it's one thing to acknowledge that you have made another month go by, but once you get into the years, they loose their importance. I don't think every single month anniversary is necessary to celebrate. The big monthly one is 6 months. Just make it up to her on a night that you don't have something going on. She should understand.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    By definition, an anniversary occurs once a year, not monthly. Kids celebrate more frequently because they like to imagine their little romances are more meaningful than they really are.

I think its ridiculous how you older people assume all young people will not have a successful relationship abd blame everything on someone's age. It is not impossible for someone to find a good significant other at a young age. Why is that so hard to believe?

Anyway, the way I see it, once it turns into years I would acknowledge it by the years, but when its only months, I acknowledge it by months til it reaches the year. I see nothing wrong with that.

When i date someone it usually goes like:

1 week
    1 month
    6 months
    Years etc.

Just as little stepping stones. Not count downs. Maybe you guys should resort to waiting until the year is up and start celebrating then. You dont want to be 20 years into the future celebrating your 250th month anniversry :S

I just use them as a personal note to myself.. wouldn't expect to "celebrate"..just like to know. Friends ask.."how long you two been together?" I have an answer. Nothing wrong if you do..but to get all bent outta shape for missing it is more drama than this girl would want to deal with.
    BTW we have been together 13 months, 27 days, and 16 hours... : )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast