+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is there any hope for my relationship?????

is there any hope for my relationship?????

So me and my girlfriend of 4 yaers had an argument about her upcoming birthday. She misunderstood what i was trying to say and thought that i didnt wanna come down for her birthday if she was to go out and party. What i told her was that i wouldnt wanan go out but instead spend time with her alone and she misunderstood that.

Well this brought up the fact that i never call her back when she hangs up when shes mad at me, but i only do that because i wanna let her cool down before we talk again. She also feels that i only tend to apologize when she starts crying but its not true at all. She gave me the cold shoulder and i dont care attitude for about 5 days until i came down to surprise her for her birthday. I apologized to her and explained what i meant, but she was still upset because i had alraedy said what i had said

She wasnt extremely happy like she always is when i see her but she wasnt mad that i was there either, but i could tell that the argument was still bugging her. Near the end of the night befor ei left she told me she needed time to clear her mind and really think about what she really wants because she doesnt want a future where there is constant arguing. She said she would call me back when her mind is clear and tell me of her decision. I love her to death and i know she loves me so much as well.

Do you think she can throw away 4 years like that over something i know we both can get trhough and overcome? She left me before and it was my fault but we got back together and were never happeier. I admit that we have been arguing quite more recently but what relationship doesnt have problems right? would a girl really leave their bf for something like this and throw away everything?? I need some advice. our arguments are just a little bit of yelling, ive never swore at her in my life for the 4 years i been with her, our arguments are more just yelling a little bit

I know shes at the point in her life where she has to think about her future. I know shes thinking if whether she can spend the rest of her life with me and if these arguments will probably arise again. We tend to argue about the smallest things and sometimes the small arguments explode into bigger ones. I also know that she has a ton of stress right now due to her business and that she might have to sell her share due to some complications with her partner and i know our situation isnt helping her at all.

But i also know that we love each other with all of our hearts, weve been through so much, and i feel that something liek this is nothing we cant overcome...

and i also know that all of our good times is soooo much better than the bad..

Your relationship is a lot like mine. You both need to recognize what you value more, the good times or bad. Give her time to clear her mind, petty fights are never something you should break up over. I fight with my partner at least once a week, and we've had really bad fights but we both come to a common ground and realize we were both being irrational. It may just be the day, the other stress in her life, just be there for her. If she loves you as much as she says she does she'll come back to you. Just giving her space is a good thing. Women are so emotional, I'll be one to tell you that. We take things the wrong way even when we know we're taking them the wrong way. And I wouldn't call someone back if they hung up on me either.

She sounds volatile and spoiled, rude and unappreciative.

It sounds to me like she's just looking for reasons to be upset with you. I think you should tell her you want a "break" and leave it up to her to interpret what that means. Then, date someone else for a while. Someone nice. Should make an interesting change.
    Spammer Spanker

She sounds abit like i was with my ex boyfriend. We were together 2 years and when i look back we spend FAR to much time together. One night i asked my boyfriend if i could have a night alone to relax because he was ALWAYS there, i couldnt do anything. He wouldnt appriciate that i needed my space and then i started to think whether i needed a partner who wouldnt respect my own time...then they thoughts led on to another etc etc... so maybe your girlfriend is at the end of the rope and is now starting to consider whether she wants to stay in this relationship with you or not. Give her space, dont nag her because its really the worst thing you can do at this point in time.

You guys aren't joined at the hip 24/7. Give her the space she's asking for and give her time to think things through.

Remember the old saying: “If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they're yours; if they don't they never were.”
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Am I the only one that thinks this guy was out of line trying to dictate what she should want to do on HER birthday?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks this guy was out of line trying to dictate what she should want to do on HER birthday?
    No, but I'd be kind of hurt if the person I was with did that on their birthday.