+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Give it time or go for it?

Give it time or go for it?

Hey all.

Basically I had a rotten relationship with this girl a long time ago and to put a long story short, she basically broke my heart and destroyed any trust I had in women, in anything more than just friends.

Now I started this temporary job for the holidays, and on my first day I met this girl who I seemed to connect with and I actually walked in on her and a mate discussing me (all positive stuff I must add ) Literally instead of doing any proper work, me and this girl spent about 2 hours just chatting and she had made it pretty clear early on that she was single. Now I am not sure if this is my girl radar just being out of use for a long time, but I think she was quite keen on me and I felt the same way and we just kept on laughing and I was actually having quite a good time just being with her.

My question is do I wait a few weeks and then ask her out or just go for sooner rather then later? I am pretty scared of rejection as I will then have to work with her and I will feel like a right idiot. Also what would you recommend, as there is very little to actually do in this area if she does say yes (there is a zoo and a cinema )

(Pretty obvious I have been out of the dating scene for a few years )

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Be her friend for the summer. Pursue her close to the end of your contract. Don't date at work. If it doesn't work out, you'll regret it.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    This is the answer the regulars will give you and it's probably the best one:

It's work, avoid any relationship because if things go sour you're SOL and stuck seeing them all the time. Now really the big decision to move in is completely up to you. Are you willing to take that risk? I think it's rather obvious she's interested in you, there's no doubt about that.

So plain and simple, ask her out and hope it goes well. Don't ask her out and you don't have to worry about any awkward situations at work later on. Is this current job serious to you? Do you see yourself moving on up the ladder in this company? If it is, I say avoid it. Befriend her though, maybe she's got some other friends outside of your job.

If it's not to big of a deal, ask her out for a drink at Starbucks or if she'd like to have lunch with you sometime.
    Cheers Joe, yeah there is a Starbucks nearby. The only reason I mentioned the zoo was because I was discussing this with a friend and she was like "Oh, that would be quite a cool place to take someone to get to know them better as it is neutral ground and you have all the stuff there to talk about." She also suggested the cinema, what do you think about that?

Also the job means sod all, it is just something for the summer, to get me some cash

Get your feet wet again.

Even if it doesn't work out, at least you'll get over the fear of rejection.

Take things slow, enjoy it.

You're not in a hurry to go anywhere are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ok cheers for the advice guys, I'll keep you all posted