+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm starting to like my best friend

I'm starting to like my best friend

ok, so me and this girl have been friends for a while and know each other through a mutual friend. we are going to the same college and stuff. shes a real awesome girl and when we are together, we act different then if we were with other people. we make fun of each other all the time and tell stories and just try and make each other laugh. whenever i joke with her she always has a quick comeback and sometimes hits me or shoves me. she also goes for hugs sometimes and say i loveee youuuu if she says something really mean. we had orientation for college and i didnt wanna like anyone going into college, but im starting to feel something for her. it annoyed me the whole day because i didnt wanna make our friendship weird and i didnt really wanna like my best friend. i told her and all she said was "okay" and "thank you for telling me". shes definitely out of my league because she is so pretty and awesome basically. when i asked her if we were still going to be friends she said "i will always be friends with you" and then she proceeded to make fun of me and we acted like our usual selveswhen she said "i will always be your friend", she meant that in whatever happens we will never hate each other, not we will only be friends. shes told me that she could never hate me and so im taking it as if we would still be friends even if we went out and broke up. and to also add, people have asked both of us if we go out because we are always together. We already plan to go out to sporting events and places such as Six Flags and stuff together. We are also thinking of studying abroad in Europe. i'm so confused, i doubt she likes me but idk. what do i do?

Sounds like you're her man-hag. The fellow she'll never be without, nor be "with".

Either remain friends with her and find someone else, or if it is too much for you to continue on with.. dissolve the friendship and place some distance and barriers between you.

if your friendship with her is real and genuine, then stick though it. It's worth it in the long run, because eventually everything will be cool, but it will take at least a year or two.. speaking from experience (been in two situations exactly like this.. almost a third but i didnt let it happen haha)..

But your going to hate it and have trouble accepting it until u finally start moving on.