+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not ready for a relationship...

Not ready for a relationship...

After an really fun date (according to her), she said that she feels that she is not ready for a relationship yet because she feels that she is still really young but would still love to continue to get to know me. She is 19 and has never been in a relationship before. We have had several dates before this one and each time she says she had fun and would like to do it again.

What exactly does this mean and how in the world do I move on?

take it easy with her, she's scared of guys, i know coz ive been there, go with the flow, if it happens; it happens
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

If she is not ready for a relationship and you are, then move on because you will never know when she is ready. If she really wanted, she would be more willing to try.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

I think this girl has a good head on her shoulders. It's when a relationship gets too serious too fast, before I have a chance to figure out that she's really Ms. Wrong, that I get into trouble.

But her excuse is that she is too young for a relationship and not that she wants to get to know him more by dating him...
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

and she still wants to get to know him....
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    and she still wants to get to know him....
    That is how IF becomes a key decision making tool…

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    If she is not ready for a relationship and you are, then move on because you will never know when she is ready. If she really wanted, she would be more willing to try.
    You can only control yourself. If you want a relationship with this person you will have to wait for her to change her mind or move on. The young lady feels too young for a relationship and wants to continue dating to get to know you before deciding to continue to the next step or not. You either agree with that or you don't. Posting a question about that means what? Is it because you want a relationship now? Did she say something to indicate it's not going as well as you would hope?

well he asked what it means: she's scared of the unknown and doesn't want to feel pressured

how does he move on from here: go with the flow since he likes her

no need for over analysing and pressure...

Exactly, he either accepts it by continuing to date her until she decides either way or don't accept it and move on to another person who is ready for a relationship.

Struckby, may I ask your age?

Relax enjoy being young. Dont pressure her and if u want ask her what she means. open communication is the key to any relationship whether friendship or dating.