+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating and Expectations

crazylovebug Guest

Dating and Expectations

Hi,

Don't have any relationship experience so I am hoping that other people here can help me out! Most friends that I talk to tell me that it is normal to kiss someone on the first date and that it is pretty much expected to at the very least kiss someone after three dates.

I am not sure that I believe them, or to put it better, I don't want to believe them. Is getting physical a requirement in a relationship? I admit that I don't have any idea about physical expectations in a relationship. The thought of be "required" to get physical with someone scares me, not on moral grounds, but for personal reasons. If I go on something like three dates with a girl and don't try to kiss her or get physical with her is this going to be a problem for most girls?

Yes, I think that might cause problems. They'll think you aren't interested.

crazylovebug Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshimmer View Post
    Yes, I think that might cause problems. They'll think you aren't interested.
    Looked at your previous posts and saw that you were experiencing a situation somewhat similar to what I posted. I would offer some advice but I don't have much to offer on this advice wise which is why I posted this question.

Anyways thanks.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It depends on the girl (and your age). I don't think I kissed my fiance until our third date. To me kissing on the first date seems kinda presumptuous, unless you've had the best date of your life and all the chemistry is there.

When it comes to the physical stuff, there's no rules. You read from the other person and things will happen naturally.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

crazylovebug Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    It depends on the girl (and your age). I don't think I kissed my fiance until our third date. To me kissing on the first date seems kinda presumptuous, unless you've had the best date of your life and all the chemistry is there.

When it comes to the physical stuff, there's no rules. You read from the other person and things will happen naturally.
    Thanks! Even if I have feelings for someone and we were dating I would still be uncomfortable being physically intimate and would avoid it. Based on what I have heard from friends and read on here I am guessing most girls (and people in general) would not understand this. I guess I will need to get over this issue at some point. Anyways thanks again bluesummer!

Hello....

Have you checked this link????????
    adultxdating.co.uk