+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A bird in the hand. . .

A bird in the hand. . .

You know just when I resolved myself to the fact that I was clueless about men. . .I realized I am not clueless - I am an imbecile!

No word from Drew but several mutual friends who set us up are ticked at him about the way he handled this whole deal, so it's just a matter of time before I at least get a phone call, an apology and an excuse as to why he's not over his ex.

Andy actually called me on the phone on Thursday and we had a 13 minute awkward call. Then on Saturday we had dinner with two other people after church and then we did our usual talk in the parking lot for half an hour and then when I got home he called me and we talked for 48 minutes! The next day we went to church together at our church's second location and we passed random notes back and forth. (The service was on FASTING if you can believe that! so we joked about fasting.) We made tentative plans to meet Wednesday before band practice so we could go to Sam's. So it seems that once I decided I wanted to be friends I must be emitting a more relaxed vibe that he feels comfortable hanging around me now. (or else the letter I sent him worked its magic. . .)

On the Peter front, Paul and I met up at the grocery store yesterday and went to Chili's for dinner after shopping. Paul told me that he didn't hold me remotely accountable for what happened with Peter as Peter was drunk and had done the same thing last time he was in town! So it was my intention to cancel the package I had sent to him at the end of last week, but it was too late by the time I went in to do it - - he had already received it!

I don't know why I called this thread "a bird in the hand" maybe it's because my love life is for the birds!

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

At least your actually having encounters with guys. Any experience is better than nothing at all. (unless you're getting beat/abused or something) What was in the package? Maybe I missed something here, was there more communication with Peter after the bar night? When did you decide to send him something?

I guess Andy is opening up more. Have you ever thought of pehaps making the first moves physically and looking for a reaction? Like make a joke or something and laugh and put your hand on his for a moment but not to look at your hand so it appears natural? Just some light kino or something to see if he gets all tense and freaks or not. He might get tense either way, but if he doesn't make excuses to get up and run, re probably enjoys the attention.

This is assuming you're still interested in the possibility of dating him beyond friendship.
    3 out of 2 people have problems with fractions.

aww Jules...Im sorry these guys are just not with it! I'll kick them in the hiney for ya!

Youre so awesome and maybe these guys are just intimidated by your overflowing of beauty!!! Girl some men are clueless to whats in front of them. Dont worry tho-we know theres someone out there who will be your match-these 3 whimpos dont have a clue what theyre missing out on! All that love and juicy sweet things ya do!

Hang in there sweetie! I promise things will work out somewhere for you!!!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Peter mentioned that during his "down time" he likes to do crossword puzzles. It was really cute because he was sooooo embarassed. So I sent him a crossword puzzle book and a card that basically just said I was thinking about him . . . I was going to include a pencil to remind him to pencil me in but I thought that was just going a a little too much on the cheesy side.

As for Andy, I am clueless! I think that he is following some set of rules - I just wish I knew what the rules were! For example - after church he suggested we take seperate cars to TGI Fridays even though we both had to pass the church to come home. However, after dinner he walked me to my car and asked me to drive him to his car. I gave him a lift and he got out at his car quickly and crossed in front of my car and then we chatted for half an hour - me sitting in the car him outside. Weirdness. We took two seperate cars to our church's "other campus." So the rule seems to be that we cannot be alone together for a period to exceed five minutes

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy