+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Homosexual and Lesbian relations.

Homosexual and Lesbian relations.

After talking about homosexual and lesbian relations to another forum member in a different thread, it though it would be a nice idea to start an off topic thread on this particular topic.

I'd like to encourage honest, openminded and open discussion between the participants, without slandering the participants of this thread.

Basicaly what I would like to see is an exchange of opinions and views, be that based on religious, political or personal views or ideologies or any combination thereoff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm all for it... but then again.. I might be a tad... bit... biased..
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I dunno, who cares?

There's a lesbian couple I know that are pregnant with twins. Both girls. They went to the doctor's and the one got prego with some random dude's donated sperm. Don't think they're officially married since this is Louisiana.

I'm pretty openminded on the topic.

I used to be biased thanks to religious viewpoints, but I came to understand that women can be attracted to women and men to men, just like women can be attracted to men and vice versa.

I do personally know a homosexual couple and after the first initial shock, I learned to accept their relation.

They became good friends of the family over time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I believe that gay and lesbians in same sex relationships don't actually equal a heterosexual relationship. They're not the same, and I don't agree with the demands to appease gays and lesbians.

I believe in the rights of children to have a mother and a father, preferably, a biological mother and father whenever possible. It should be an open and shut case with same sex relationships. Being in one precludes having children, but gays and lesbians have been hell bent on acquiring children regardless. On a side note, I disagree with the use of IVF or sperm banks on women who want to become mothers but without a partner.

That kicks this thread off, I guess.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't see what the big deal is.

I had 2 mothers and 2 fathers.

Sorry Doc... I grew up in a 'family unit' that consisted of a mother and a father... I barely made it with all my marbles... whereas my friend Apollo grew up with two mothers and is a doctor now --- he's not gay, very straight and his wife is as happy as a lark.

I don't think the gender of your parents matters as much as the lessons they teach you.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    Sorry Doc... I grew up in a 'family unit' that consisted of a mother and a father... I barely made it with all my marbles... whereas my friend Apollo grew up with two mothers and is a doctor now --- he's not gay, very straight and his wife is as happy as a lark.

I don't think the gender of your parents matters as much as the lessons they teach you.
    I have a more or less, gay friend who'll go either way to satisfy his needs.

He's horribly lonely and depressed, and uses videogames and programming to fill the void.

Both of his parents were killed in an accident when he was young.

He spent a lot of time trying to figure out if that was one of the reasons for his attraction to men. But I think he abandoned that question a long time ago.

it's in the animal kingdom, look at the bonobo's they use it to calm the same sex down and make friends lol

i see nothing wrong with it and in-fact i reckon it's more natural than people give credit. they may not be able to procreate but i still don't see why it's such an abomination as some would describe it. someday maybe women will be able to procreate by themselves without sperm...ya never know, evolution...it could happen as means for survival...
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes, but it's been proven that asexual reproduction is not as efficient because the same genes are always passed down.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Yes, but it's been proven that asexual reproduction is not as efficient because the same genes are always passed down.
    nature adapts
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    nature adapts
    Nature = the Borg?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    nature adapts
    Nature also doesn't play favorites, which means while nature may adapt, we may not be able to. Especially if those changes are needed urgently.

Homosexuality exists in nature... therefore not an abomination. So that argument that it goes against nature is dead in the water.

As far as I can tell... the male/female parenting duo has just as many blunders as it does success because each parent is different -- some are better or worse than others.

There are so many males who were raised without a father anyway... what would it matter if they had two mothers instead? The extra income would certainly have brought more stability.

Religious values are just more familiar that's all... and it's hard to let go of familiarity. I've seen people cling to old traditions that are potentially dangerous... because the familiarity comforts them --- it 'feels' right... even if it isn't.

It's their life and their children... so long as nobody is being hurt... what does it matter who their parnter is or their orientation?

- James Allen

I quote from: The Numbers sourced to the Journal of Evolutionary Biology; February 2009.

"No species has been found in which homosexual behaviour has not been shown to exist, with the exception of species that never have sex at all, such as sea urchins and aphids. Moreover, a part of the animal kingdom is hermaphroditic, truly bisexual. For them, homosexuality is not an issue."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast