+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He couldnt give up the text sex.

He couldnt give up the text sex.

hey guys,

feeling a little despondent and confused at the moment.

Its day 5 of my break-up with a guy Ive been with for a year. Im feeling a okay with it and keep reminding myself that i will be okay, Ive got travel plans to look forward to and really dont need him.

Its just, the situation why we broke up was because for the 6th time in our relationship, I caught him texting a girl he used to be with, someone I had asked him weeks ago to not be in contact with. Earlier this year I was in Sydney working when i found out he had been messaging a girl saying "i dont have a gf - when do you want to catch up?" which severly put us on the rocks.

I got over it because I wanted to be with him, but this other girl has always been looming around. I asked him to not be in contact with her, he promised and deleted her number. The next week I saw her name in his recently send messages and he feebly explained "it must be a phone mistake..." ... then this weekend I saw in his phone a bunch of messages from someone called "scotty" who I called (because he doesnt know a scotty) and it was her. Needless to say I was devastated and called it off then and there. The girl used to date him and all of her messages were "hey baby, out tonight, wish you were with me..." etc.

However, our relationship was one where we spent 24/7 together whcih makes me wonder if he even ever had time to physically cheat on me?
    I would always feel like I was watching my back for her, and the relief I feel now - knowing I dont have to watch out for her, is immense. But I do miss him, hes my best friend and someone I love... but how can you bring yourself to trust a person like that?

All my close mates hate him and do not want to know him now because of what he has done to me - what do I do? I need an unbiased opinion, was it worth the breakup??

He sucks. That is all. Make sure you don't choose another chode just like him- you're showing signs of being a doormat. I would have kicked him to the curb as soon as I found out he'd said we weren't together.

Just walk away. Oh, and wait a few weeks and get tested for every disease under the sun. Don't blow this off- it could save your life.
    Spammer Spanker

that was emotionally cheating on you, I agree with Giga, the moment you accept that kind of behaviour, you give him the green light to be a jerk, anyway wants to be with a guy who denies his relationship status to another chick? leave him right where you left him-nicely rid of.

You did the right thing. You shouldn't feel like you have to check up on your man.

He denied your existence, blamed his infidelity on the phone company, and tried to deceive you with use of a code name... it was going to end one way or the other. I'd be reluctant to call him a friend too. Respect is a two-way street, and he isn't respecting you.

I think the perfect relationship would be one where you are NOT checking his phone for imaginary/or even real girlfriends. In my relationship, I leave the door open, and then all of a sudden nobody wants to leave!!! WHY? Cause I never act jealous. I am always self confident. If some chick manager to "steal" my boyfriend, I am better off without such boyfriend anyways!!!

Anyways, my Advice, please stop acting like other girls threaten you - the guy is now with YOU, and not with her. Why do you worry then, and look in his eyes all insecure? STOP checking peoples phones, and develop a more trusting relationship, in which there might be 1000 ex girlfriend around - but his eyes are ONLY ON YOU!!!

I think your jealousy is what ruined your relationship. Also, spending time with a guy 24 7 might be too much. I need my space when I date. 24 7 would mean no time for myself, and then I would take this relatinship as a job -- and it would quickly turn boring. I like it when things are more exciting. Forget this man - but learn in the next relationship to be secure and trust your man. Otherwise, without trust, you have sleepless nights and unfounded worries - which is not healthy for both parties. I had once a very jealous BF and I couldn't stand it! I wanted to run to the end of the world!

Quote Originally Posted by LPofPerth View Post
    hey guys,

feeling a little despondent and confused at the moment.

Its day 5 of my break-up with a guy Ive been with for a year. Im feeling a okay with it and keep reminding myself that i will be okay, Ive got travel plans to look forward to and really dont need him.

Its just, the situation why we broke up was because for the 6th time in our relationship, I caught him texting a girl he used to be with, someone I had asked him weeks ago to not be in contact with. Earlier this year I was in Sydney working when i found out he had been messaging a girl saying "i dont have a gf - when do you want to catch up?" which severly put us on the rocks.

I got over it because I wanted to be with him, but this other girl has always been looming around. I asked him to not be in contact with her, he promised and deleted her number. The next week I saw her name in his recently send messages and he feebly explained "it must be a phone mistake..." ... then this weekend I saw in his phone a bunch of messages from someone called "scotty" who I called (because he doesnt know a scotty) and it was her. Needless to say I was devastated and called it off then and there. The girl used to date him and all of her messages were "hey baby, out tonight, wish you were with me..." etc.

However, our relationship was one where we spent 24/7 together whcih makes me wonder if he even ever had time to physically cheat on me?
    I would always feel like I was watching my back for her, and the relief I feel now - knowing I dont have to watch out for her, is immense. But I do miss him, hes my best friend and someone I love... but how can you bring yourself to trust a person like that?

All my close mates hate him and do not want to know him now because of what he has done to me - what do I do? I need an unbiased opinion, was it worth the breakup??

Quote Originally Posted by LPofPerth View Post
    was it worth the breakup??
    YES. Why do you even question that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It was a kind of cheating, especially since he did it repeatedly and after promising he wouldn't and tried to cover it up, so it's hard to imagine how the relationship could continue.

Well, I see the problem. You should ditch the relationship... if he's denying your relationship, there's a problem. Then again, you shouldn't be checking his phone. That's just invasive.
    "To perceive is to suffer."
    -Aristotle

sucks right