+ Follow This Topic

Thread: should i be this angry?

should i be this angry?

this is my first post, but not the happiest story to be discussing
    it's a bit long but just becuz of the details:
    so about 3 weeks before summer, i got kinda close with a girl i liked, ilanna for names sake, but i knew that during the summer she was going out of the country and wasnt sure if she wanted to get into a relationship. so we finally had the talk, where we both admitted that we liked eachother more then friends and that we could try out the couple thing and see how it went because we still had 3 weeks.
    about a week later, she told me that she wasnt sure if she still wanted the relationship, so i agreed she wood need to decide if she still wanted to be together or not. a few days later she said she had no regrets from me, but just didnt want a relationship becuz she was going away and wasnt sure what she rlly wanted.
    i was a bit upset becuz i still had feelings for her, but got over it becuz she never mentioned she only wanted to be friends, so i figured we wood stay close and maybe after the summer have another chance.
    we talked once or twice a week by texting during the summer for the first 3 weeks, until finally on the third she said that she was seeing someone else. it was someone back home (where we both lived, where i was currently) and that shed been seeing him for about 2-3 weeks, after she left the country.
    i told her i was pretty angry, not as much becuz she was seeing someone else, but becuz she waited so longto tell me. after all, it had already been 3 weeks of summer and i wasnt looking for other girls.
    she didnt understand at first why i was so angry, which kinda made me even more angry. i then found out that she actually hooked up with this guy (dan) a week before she left. by then, we werent together anymore, but i was still pretty upset she didnt even mention it, even though they werent "seeing" eachother yet.
    anyway, ive been thinking about it a lot obviously and i just felt disrespected and pretty upset and just needed some input or advice from anyone.
    sorry for the long post but i figured knowing all the details would help.
    thanks in advance,
    Jake

What you have here is a clear case of "not-being-straight-with-you", plain and simple. Yeah, it's lousy. I know what you mean; I'd rather have someone just tell me it isn't working for them and they're moving on, than try to be nice about, back out slowly.. have excuses.... As you see, that's not really the nice way at all.
    Let me tell ya a tid bit of info about the female vocabulary of excuses here. If someone says they don't know what they want right now, that means they don't want you. Harsh as it is, it's better to just know and get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by brightgirl View Post
    What you have here is a clear case of "not-being-straight-with-you", plain and simple. Yeah, it's lousy. I know what you mean; I'd rather have someone just tell me it isn't working for them and they're moving on, than try to be nice about, back out slowly.. have excuses.... As you see, that's not really the nice way at all.
    Let me tell ya a tid bit of info about the female vocabulary of excuses here. If someone says they don't know what they want right now, that means they don't want you. Harsh as it is, it's better to just know and get over it.
    Yep, I completely agree. Stupid games!
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Tug is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    When Im with someone whose not sure if they want to be with me and say they need time to think I just end the relationship regardless of how much it hurts. By ending it I've got closure and I know the worst possible scenario that can happen has happened I can move on with my life. Also, by closing the door you've showed the other person that your going to be fine with out them leaving them in a state of vulnerability and self doubt.

If your depending on someone else and their unsure of their feelings your IMO are taking to much of a risk and will in my experience will end up getting hurt anyway.