+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Flowers for First Date

Flowers for First Date

Should I get her flowers and if so what kind? I wasn't thinking about going too overboard. I was just thinking some unexpensive flowers. This is for the first date. All opinions are welcome.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

s_b is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    LOL - just replied to your other "Not caring anymore" thread...you seemed to got over your "all women in my relationships suck" attitude pretty quick lol.

Hmmm....having just read your other thread i'm more concerned that you're not going to end up shoving those flowers up her ass at the end of your first date...

haha s_b is right, you seem to have a mean attitude towards women and dating, but putting that aside, i personalty thinking flowers are nice. I think just one is good though, one very pretty rose. no need to shower her with a bouquet that she will have to drag along with her all night.

About that thread, I was in a bad mood. The girl I'm into was kinda playing head games and I was at work and I was tired. I needed to rant. Thanks, I was thinking of just one rose too. I was also thinking I could hide it behind my back and then I'm not sure what to say, hmmmmm...
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't do the rose if you are over 18 - it is so ordinary (unless they come from your yard, in which case you should be sure there aren't any bugs in there). Presentation is more important than the type of flower. Do NOT give her something wrapped in grocery store plastic. Better to tie a bow around a handful of daisies.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My husband would tie flowers to my dorm room door in college. This was before I even agreed to go out on a date.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I was going to say what Vash already did, except take it a step further and say no to flowers altogether. It's so predictable, unimaginative, and maybe even slightly cheesy. On a first date, I think the only thing you need to bring is you.

After that, if she's worth more than one date, you can consider her buying her flowers (but not roses). Find out what flowers she likes and get her those.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I agree with bluesummer, meet her with yourself. Be yourself and, if things work out find out what kind of flowers she likes. If I had come with a rose on my first date with who I am currently with, I would have found out later that she hates roses - she likes wildflowers. I have also found out the hard way through Internet dating that spending money on flowers, expensive dinners, etc. on a first date can be a waste of resources, especially when she dumps you after the first date. If all goes well after the second or third date, then get to know her likes and dislikes.

When a woman meets you for the first time, she is scoping you out, not what you bring her.

Tunstall

Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    Should I get her flowers and if so what kind? I wasn't thinking about going too overboard. I was just thinking some unexpensive flowers. This is for the first date. All opinions are welcome.
    I"m going to be completely honest and admit something I never have before - to anyone. Ready? I'm not attracted to men who bring flowers.
    I know, I know.... I think it's because it's the "nice guy" thing to do, and I'm not attracted to the nice guy. (a lot of us aren't, ya know)
    But a guy who walks me into the store and pays for my soda, as though I'm his girl to take care of... THAT attracts me.
    If things go well, though, you're going to want to get her something. Listen to her, watch her, and get her something you KNOW she's going to LOVE. It'll be unexpected, and amazing, AND she'll see you as this unpredictable, romantic guy...
    which is exactly what you want her to see.
    Take a lesson from John Dillenger in that movie Public Enemy. He does this, too. So did Ben Seager, the mob guy that started Vegas. He wanted Virginia Hill and this is the kind of thing he did to win her over. Assuming there is any kind of chemistry between you.. this kind of thing works.