+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do I deal with this situation?

How do I deal with this situation?

Okay. So I met this girl last year, we kinda hang out pretty much despite the facts that we are in two totally different course. I tried to meet her whenever I had free time and she kinda agreed to see me if she's not busy with her works.

So one day, she told me she just turned down this dude. This dude kept harrassing her and stuff and she felt quite down and guilty for rejecting him... or so she said. So I was like trying to cheer her up. We continue to meet up in the campus even its late in the night. There's one time we are forced to sleep overnight just the two of us because public transport stopped their work.

Okay, so a few months later, I went to her blog and I saw she typed she had a "soulmate". I had no idea who this guy is.. I've been planning to confess to her but after she said she rejected that guy, I stopped and now there's this soulmate of hers. Should I just continue being buddy buddy with her? I've got a feeling that her "soulmate" isn't me and I don't want to ruin this friendship. What should I do?
    Last edited by Reath; 29-08-09 at 02:58 AM.

Grow some pink parts and tell her how you feel.
    Spammer Spanker

Do you mind elaborate what's pink parts? Sorry I don' understand what you meant by that.

Balls, young man. Man up.
    Spammer Spanker

Right... but is there really no other ways around this matter?

Well, you could just wait for her to come to you. How has that worked out for you so far?
    Spammer Spanker

I can bear not confessing for now. She also invited me to go out with her during the holidays...

Also, most of the topics we chatted about is her private life. She will tell me who she met, what she ate, what she did, how she did, etc. It gaves me a feeling like she's hinting me but I don't wanna screw it up.

It may also be a fact that because we had no other topics to talk about? I mean we study totally different stuff and can't relate anything at all... and my hobbies, etc are totally the opposite of hers too but still I enjoy just having her by my side...

Has it occurred to you the YOU are the soulmate?
    Spammer Spanker

The best way to "screw it up" is to sit on your a** while some other guy steals her away from you. I agree with Giga ... get a pair (of balls) and ask her out on a proper date! No need for you to express undying love for her, just a real date ... that's what people do when they like each other "that way."

Good luck.

Carl.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If she invited you out during holidays (when?) then she's either playing you or interested.

Do you share any common interests? When my husband & I were dating, he slyly got some symphony tix from his grandmother, said he needed someone to go who wouldn't be totally bored.

It was transparent as hell, but it was benign. I said yes. It was a foot in the door for him.

You need to get your foot in the door somehow. If things go sideways b/c she has another interest, then you can retreat into 'friendship, tho at that point I'd suggest you date elsewhere.

Good luck.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You are worrying too much about what *she* is thinking. Focus on what YOU want. You are a Bird of Paradise displaying your wares. Let her sort out who & what she wants. If its you, great. If not, best find this out sooner rather than later.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

She haven't set a date yet because holidays are still quite far away.
    How do I get my foot in the door?
    I think I didn't made myself clear but I think we don't really share much common interests except for the love for pets.. Other than that I can't think of anything now.

You like each other. There's that.
    Spammer Spanker

You sure? It will be great cause she's my first love.

I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks!
    Last edited by Reath; 29-08-09 at 04:02 AM.

Unless she's a sneaky girl who is using you as a foil to make her parents think she's an innocent young thing while she's secretly banging the football team, I think the holiday invitation is pretty clear.

I think you have a good chance of getting nowhere with her if you don't take a chance and tell her how you feel. You're shooting yourself in the foot with these excuses and this fear.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast