+ Follow This Topic

Thread: weird relationship problem w/ my gf

weird relationship problem w/ my gf

I am in my mid 20's and have 2 younger sisters, and also a bigger sister who is also in her mid 20's. I get along with my big sister but dont usually talk to my younger sisters. I always talk to my big sister about anything, except about my GF, and when we talk we usually talk about business and we get along so well. I've known my first time GF for about 2 years now, and this seems to be a big problem for her. I always talk good things about my big sister to my GF, but not saying much about my 2 younger sisters. I usually compare my big sister with my GF. I always tell my GF my sister dont do this and dont do that. This gets my GF very upset. When I took my GF on a eurotrip, I was texting my big sister for advice because this was my first eurotrip. This got my GF upset. Since my GF doesnt like me to mention my big sister anymore, I would obviously stop doing that.
    1. Am I an idiot talking good about my big sister to my GF?
    2. Is my GF an idiot not knowing its my sister we are talking about and not a random girl?
    3. Should she be upset?
    advice?

1. Yes you are. Do you have a sister complex or something? You want her to model after your sister or something?
    2. She's not an idiot. You're the idiot for not understanding her. She's jealous and you're pouring more oils into the fire and here you are complaining like she's the one at fault.
    3. Get real. Of course she will. If she had an older brother she respected so much, would you rather like her keep talking about him when she's together with you? Comparing even to the detail of your craps with his? Telling you, "Oh my brother will be suave in this jacket" or "Hey, you hold the fork the same way as him!".

Why don't you put yourself in HER SHOEs for once instead you start pointing faults at her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    By Giving You The Finger, Not The Index Or Pinky, Nor The Ring Or The Thumb, I Am Able To Tell You To **** Off Without Wasting My Breath.
    I like this

you need to get a wake up call and Reath just gave it to you!
    Live your life to the fullest and let the regrets of today be lessons for tomorrow

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    1) Yes, you're an idiot. Your gf is her own person- she ain't your sister, and doesn't inspire to be her- EVER.
    2) Your gf is not an idiot, she like any normal person does not want to be held to the holy grail of your sister. You act like your sister is the queen on england; how on earth do you like that's supposed to make your gf feel?
    3) Yes. You go on and on about how fantastic your beloved sister is... I'd be more than upset I'd be concerened about some abnormal future incest going on.

Is she usually jealous of other women ?

Comparing the two was your big mistake. No girl is going to like that, even if it is your sister she's being compared with.
    Spammer Spanker

I think that you are wrong. Your sister and your GF are two different people, its okay to ask for advice but not in every move that you make in the relationship. Your GF has all the right to feel upset because you are molding her to be like your sister, accept her for who she is, if you cant, leave her alone.

Right,
    How do I else know if she is doing something wrong or right?
    This is my first girl, so who do I compare her with?

if its right you will know, if its wrong you will know, if you need your sister to help you with these basic emotions then please call your sister and tell her to call your GF so as to advise her to dump you pronto....

well, does it change if I say we are both from different cultures? she is from asia, and I am from europe. Some of her stuff she does I think is really weird.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjarush View Post
    Right,
    How do I else know if she is doing something wrong or right?
    This is my first girl, so who do I compare her with?
    You NEVER compare your girl with past girls/ exsisting girls. Learn this fast.
    Are you talking about "morals"?
    Or are you talking about girlfriend behaviors? Neither of those need a comparison. They need feelings. How do you feel about it?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjarush View Post
    well, does it change if I say we are both from different cultures? she is from asia, and I am from europe. Some of her stuff she does I think is really weird.
    The only thing that changes is now you have what we call yellow fever; how original. You're a dummie, seriously.

Trust me, your gf does not want to be European- don't compare her to one; it's an insult.