+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confusing signals from Ex..

Confusing signals from Ex..

I'm pretty sure my ex is having feelings for me and wanting to get back together.
    We dated for a bit, and became best friends when we broke up. We're ridiculously close friends, and we've almost gotten back together again a few times since then. She moved away with her boyfriend out of state and we've been talking on the phone ever since. Lately she's been giving hints that she wants to be with me. She's done this before and told me that I was the one she is meant to end up with in the end and all this stuff, but that particular time didn't go any farther because she was dating her boyfriend. Now, today she randomly started mentioning things about 'being with the perfect person' and stuff. She said that if someone finds someone else who makes them feel like they're the most special thing in their world the two people should be together. I agreed, not thinking much about it. Then she went on to say how her mind was taking her in different directions and going in circles and all this. I asked what she was thinking about but she wouldn't give details. So I dropped it and a little later she brought up that her boyfriend was doing something she didn't like, and she said she was "so stupid." I figured she was saying this about moving away with him, as she has before. So I said I was sorry and all this, and she asked if I knew what she was talking about. I said I thought she was talking about being stupid for going out there. She said no, and that she was thinking about the right thing to do for her. So I asked what that was and she said it all has to do with the "feeling special thing." Now, I know I make her feel special and make her feel like she's the world to me, because she is. But eventually I drop that subject too, and she keeps bringing it up. She started by saying that I always make her happy and I understand her and get her. She said that she was upset because she kept thinking about something that she didn't want to tell me. I tried to get it out of her, but she said that she vowed to herself to never talk to me about it again, and that it was terrible timing, and that she really wanted to tell me but just couldn't. So I started thinking the worst and worrying, but she assured me that she's okay and that she's "said it before" (whatever she was thinking that she couldn't tell me) and that it was no big deal. So I backed off and just kindly asked and she let it slip that she doesn't know if she wants to be serious yet, but she doesn't know if she just wants fun and games anymore either. I'm so confused by now and she said I didn't get what she was trying to tell me. She said she would tell me anything and everything except this, and that she was only doing it to protect me from her.

Now, she has hurt me in the past, and she knows this. She's told me that she wants to be with me and that I'm the one she'll end up with, and then she just decided against it abruptly, which hurt me. She knows how bad she hurt me then. I've ruled out the possibility that she could be pregnant (because I first thought about that.) I'm now thinking that she is ready to be with me seriously (I know her boyfriend is not the person she will spend the rest of her life with, he is not good for her and she knows it.) I think she's afraid I won't trust her again or that I'll be hurt by her somehow, which is why she's saying she's protecting me from herself.
    I can just tell by the way she's avoiding it, yet dropping hints like she wants me to figure it out, that it's something to do with our past and dating. I've seen this before.

I'm just looking for outside advice. Does it sound like she's ready to move on from her boyfriend and be serious with me?

Why are you sitting back waiting for someone to do as they please until they come back?

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

How did you get that conclusion from my post? I said nothing about waiting for her to come back or even WANTING her to come back to me. That's not what my post was about

Quote Originally Posted by im_in_love View Post
    I'm just looking for outside advice. Does it sound like she's ready to move on from her boyfriend and be serious with me?
    Why do you care what she thinks, why would you want her back or even think about it unless you did?

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Of course I care what she thinks because she's my best friend. And of course I want to know what she thinks for the same reason. I explained that we were close friends in the beginning of my post. If something's upsetting your best friend, wouldn't you want to know what it was so you could help them?