+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Coping with long distance relationships!

Coping with long distance relationships!

Yes as the title suggest, i was wondering how you people deal with long distance relationships? You can hardly see her, touch her, and calling would be expensive. Sure you have Msn or using IRC. BUT.. is it enough?
    We all should look out for the finer things in life~

Nope, to me it's basically never worth it. Unless there's a serious chance of being with this person for the rest of your life, and suddenly a long distance situation arises.

Unless that special person comes along, then its worth it. But Nameless, go get you guys some webcams, honest, theyre fun and you can see eachother, i know it doesnt help alleviate the "missing" part, but it does make it seem less difficult. There are times that i get sad when I see him on the web, and i cant touch him and hug him. But it is great to see him, makes my heart flutter when I see him lookng so great!

Then get yourself a cell phone, with unlimited nights and weekends. Thats also a big help! Other than that you have to find ways to keep the contact up!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

I changed my long distance plan to a flat rate unlimited plan - its nice to be able to call whenever I want for as long as I want without worrying about the money aspect.

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

It depends on how long distance it is. If it's just a b/f or g/f for the sake of having fun
    and going out and being a good companion, then perhaps it's not worth it.

If there is plans for marriage or something then yea, distance shouldn't be an issue.

My g/f is about 40min away - 30miles so it's not that bad. Still a long distance phone
    call but nothing a phone card couldn't solve and it's not that much either.

Well.. i'm planning to get myself a webcam. Its pretty cheap around here and hopefully it'll come to good use. lol. Btw i'm not really that serious this long relationship thingy.. cause i basically havent been in one and distance is a really big problem for me.

yes.. it's definitely worth it if you two are really in love and you can trust the other party enough....
    my bf and i had been together for almost 2 years and we see each other only once half a year.. of course this 'once' may vary from a 3 weeks' to 2 months' period.. we talk over the phone, msn, skype and with the aid of webcam.. we talk daily, rarely do we skip a day without talking to each other at least three hours or so.. our time zones are 12 hours apart so sometimes it can get troublesome to arrange the right time but hey, if you love that person enough, you find the time and way to love him/her.
    if he/she is worth it, give it a try. if u have doubts that he/she can't be trusted on long distance relationship and if you think u two might not take each other for the long run, then, forget it.
    only true love can make it through the distance, without doubt.

Wow.. its amazing to know that its working out for you 2 considering that ur situation is much worse than mine. Her timezone is almost the same as mine, not 12 hr different like yours. We do talk daily over IRC or msn and sometimes sms each other. but thats about it. The urge to meet her keeps on growing but its something i cant keep my hopes up high cause we're still schooling and not rich enough to fly ard meeting each other.. hmm~~