+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: House mate stuff.

House mate stuff.

What time is it not acceptable to make a sandwhich if the house has wooden floor boards ?

If house mates are in rooms with members of other sex is it safe to assme they not sleeping and to make a sandwhich is ok ?

What about going to the toilet at night ? Should I be scared of waking them ?

What if I do number 2 and I need to flush, should I flush ?

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by BoredGeorge View Post
    What time is it not acceptable to make a sandwhich if the house has wooden floor boards ?

If house mates are in rooms with members of other sex is it safe to assme they not sleeping and to make a sandwhich is ok ?

What about going to the toilet at night ? Should I be scared of waking them ?

What if I do number 2 and I need to flush, should I flush ?
    1.If they are some bitches - it`s never acceptable , and if they`re not - anytime You want.

2.Yeah and even if they are sleeping - come on!! it`s just freaking sandwich!!

3.Or it`s better to pee in Your pants? No excuse ...

4. Of course You flush it.I prefer to hear flushing water then to go and smell and see someones shit in the toilet.Now then I would start to bitch around!! Or laugh at You bhahaha
    I wazzzz here

always flush the toilet.....

Go about your business, George. if your housemates have an issue with you leaving your room or flushing the toilet at any hour of the day or night, they're weird, not you.
    Spammer Spanker

Gotta agree, you pay your bills, live your life dude. It's not like your doing it to piss them off.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Not only do you need a guide to women.

You need a guide to people.

Heh.... I do the best I can..... .. . . housemates are hard work........ these ones are too trendy. I feel scared they will judge me for being lame.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    George, listen to Giga.

Tho, about the sandwich thing. Generally, its not done to prowl the house at night. If you are often awake after 11pm, mbe keep some snacks in your room. Tho, you should be sleeping then.

You go to the toilet when you need it.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    George, listen to Giga.

Tho, about the sandwich thing. Generally, its not done to prowl the house at night. If you are often awake after 11pm, mbe keep some snacks in your room. Tho, you should be sleeping then.

You go to the toilet when you need it.
    Well I usually go to the gym and get back about 10pm and want a sandwhich or something to eat at that time by 11 I am in bed.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So what's the problem with that? If people are already asleep by then, its polite to try to keep the noise down, but some noise is a hazard of having roommates. You come home hungry and want to eat your food. No problem.

If they are really sensitive, they might want to get foam earplugs.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

OMG she told me off for making noise in the morning ! All I do is make a coffee and maybe a sandwhich and that is at about 8:30 !

Time to look for another place to live

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Time to set some boundaries, George. Tell her you have heard her issue but are genuinely concerned. Explain that you have places to go in the am. What those places are (work, gym, classes) is not her business and isn't for her to judge, so don't go there.

Now, next part is important: Ask her what time she thinks is reasonable for people to be able to start to move about and get ready for their day. Ask her if she thinks its reasonable to expect everyone to have the same schedule.

Unless she is nuts, she should start to feel unreasonable. This will make her uncomfortable, but too bad. Now is time to press your point. Ask her to suggest a reasonable solution, given you need to be up and about at a certain time and need to eat breakfast.

This is her issue. Don't let her bitch about her issues to you and not take any responsibility for them. Put the ball back in her court. Make her solve her own problem. She's got to say what she thinks will fix this.

Stay calm, but be firm. Suggest foam earplugs if she is a light sleeper. Any drugstore will carry them. I used to use them as a student when I had housemates. They were great, but we all had different schedules--my nurse friend had to get up at 5am. I felt earplugs was a small price to pay given my program didn't require me to be anywhere until 8:30am.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Yeah.... my experiment in being more social through house mates has failed... time to get a dirty little studio... will only cost about 50 - 60 a week more....

it just had to be a woman too

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Time to set some boundaries, George. Tell her you have heard her issue but are genuinely concerned. Explain that you have places to go in the am. What those places are (work, gym, classes) is not her business and isn't for her to judge, so don't go there.

Now, next part is important: Ask her what time she thinks is reasonable for people to be able to start to move about and get ready for their day. Ask her if she thinks its reasonable to expect everyone to have the same schedule.

Unless she is nuts, she should start to feel unreasonable. This will make her uncomfortable, but too bad. Now is time to press your point. Ask her to suggest a reasonable solution, given you need to be up and about at a certain time and need to eat breakfast.

This is her issue. Don't let her bitch about her issues to you and not take any responsibility for them. Put the ball back in her court. Make her solve her own problem. She's got to say what she thinks will fix this.

Stay calm, but be firm. Suggest foam earplugs if she is a light sleeper. Any drugstore will carry them. I used to use them as a student when I had housemates. They were great, but we all had different schedules--my nurse friend had to get up at 5am. I felt earplugs was a small price to pay given my program didn't require me to be anywhere until 8:30am.
    As she is the one renting the property I have no rights, if she wants me to leave and I do not leave I guess she could technically have me charged as a tresspasser even though I have paid rent. I have no sway in this situation. I would normally not have agreed but she seemed so nice at first.

Maybe she is just having lady issues or has been dumped by a boy or something silly. We all have our good and bad days.

Is she stupid? Does she not realize that the working world has deadlines to meet?

Honestly, 8:30? The world is well on its way into the day by that time.

So far you seem like the most level headed person in the house.

My day starts at 5:30 in the morning and the bathroom is right across the hall from our rooms. My roommate is no early morning riser but understands how the real world works. We run similar schedules, up at 5:30/7:30 and in bed by 10/12. The world goes round.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast