+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Women: How would you like to be approached?

Women: How would you like to be approached?

I don't want to go into all the details, because I've told the story many times. Long story short, I got so wrapped in love and being with my girlfriend that I became really clingy. Throw in some of my own insecurities and it wore my girlfriend down and she broke up with me.

It's been about a month and a half now since the breakup. After the initial emotionally crazy period the first couple weeks I have kept my distance and respected her decision. Needless to say, I almost immediately realized my mistakes. And the time apart has really gave me a TON of time to think and better myself. I'm not claiming to be perfect, but my views on relationships, being clingy, how much time you should spend together is completely different. I have also grown as a person and most of the confidence and insecurities issues have been dealt with by me. I am also in a better place emotionally. I'm passed the moping around, thinking I'll die without her stage - we've all been there I'm sure. Now I am at the point where my life is back on track and realize that I still love her and do want her back.

So my question is simply...What is the best way to approach her?

The situation is tricky because my past clingy ways. My fear is that by approaching her she will automatically put her guard up that I "just can't let go" or that I'm desperate and that I haven't changed at all. I want to approach her so that she gets the idea (and it's the truth) that I still love her deeply and really want her in my life. My intentions are to reconnect and hopefully get back to where we started so we can see if we can be together again.

Any real advice is appreciated. Just curious how you'd like to be approached given this situation to where you wouldn't immediately get defensive.
    Last edited by jackyd232; 11-10-09 at 10:57 AM.

wrong section ><
    Last edited by jdm95si; 11-10-09 at 12:40 PM.

Write her a letter. It's a very meaningful yet non clingy way of approaching someone. Show her you've changed, dont just tell her. Details.

At the end, ask her to give you a call if she's interested. If not, tell her you hope she has a good life. Then, take out your emotions by going for a jog and then move on when you're ready.

Calling and pestering will only make her thing you havent changed at all.

A letter like that doesn't sound like a bad idea. I think I'll have to wait a lil while longer though.

My first thought was just to call her and ask her to lunch or something. Is that too much without sounding clingy? We ended on pretty good terms.