+ Follow This Topic

Thread: GF thinking about breaking up

GF thinking about breaking up

Hi everyone.

Me and my girlfriend have dated June, August, September, and now October of this year (I omitted July because she went to Israel for that whole month and we were unable to communicate).

We are both high school seniors, and recently she wanted to break up with me.

She says that I am a bit too touchy-feely with her (I like to hold hands with her in school, and kiss her alot) and that sometimes she is frustrated that we are unable to have a conversation in person without me gravitating towards her and eventually holding her by the hips or waist, or basically anything like that.
    I know she doesn't mind being touched at all, its just that I feel I have been a bit excessive.

Anyway, she wanted to break up with me this Friday, and when I saw her today, I asked her for another chance- another try to make things right, where I can tone down my affection for her (which I am willing to do).

But tonight we are going to talk, and she said that while she is both physically attracted to me and emotionally connected to me, she feels that the "spark" we once had might be gone, despite the fact that we have 2-3 hour phone conversations (no exaggeration) on a nightly basis. I told her that if she is no longer into me as a person, she can end our relationship and move on, but she said that that's not the issue. So I am confused what to do now.

She wanted to end things for those reasons, and I asked her if she would give me another chance- another week at school, where I would tone back my kisses and affection for her in class. She has said that she will call me TONIGHT, to talk about things and if she wants to even give our relationship another week, so QUICK RESPONSES ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

What should I say to her? I want to reignite the spark that she feels is missing (I personally feel that the spark is still there) but I don't exactly know what to do. Any advice for what to say to her tonight about how I will change?

Thanks a lot everyone!

Hmmm I guess it was just an infatuation for her. Moreover, it's High School relationshop, don't take it so seriously. Concentrate on your future and college. I know you'll not agree about high school relationship but I've learnt the hard way myself

Anyway, do post here about the conversation.