+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex still contacting me after dumping me

Ex still contacting me after dumping me

To make this short my ex both 24 cheated on me with a married man twice her age with 2 kids. We dated for 3 years. She said she made a huge mistake and she wasnt thinking clearly and that shes stopped seeing him after. She's lost the respect of alot of our mutual friends. She claimed she was going through a phase of depression and her life sucked and somehow this man came along and "made her feel special". Fast forward to currently. After a month or so of chatting every now and then i decided its enough of this stringing me along. I asked her if she would want to work it out again and she said she doesn't think it'll work. I have reason to believe shes still seeing him. I have been in no contact with her for half a month. Shes tried to message me online a few times for random small talk but i never respond. Next week were suppose to go to a concert back in our college that we planned 3 months ago. She paid alot of money for those tickets. She asked me if i was still going because obviously she wants a ride. Shes never called me asking how i am, just random small talk all the time. I don't know what should i do? Be a jerk and ignore her or take her there and maybe it'll change her mind about our relationship? Thanks
    Last edited by jlm2513; 13-10-09 at 12:18 AM.

So, do I have this right: She cheated on you, she dumped you, she keeps messaging you but says she doesn't think a relationship will work.

You're worried about being a jerk? Screw her and her concert tickets.

Thanks chupa for your reply. What you said is tough love and your right. I've been known to be too nice to her and i guess thats why i'm at where i am right now. I have turned her down many offers already to go places she wanted to

Forget the concert and forget her. You deserve much better!

She cheated on you with a married guy that is 48? That's disgusting in so many ways. Do you really want to be with someone like that?

Let her go man. At least long enough til she figures out what the hell she wants to do with her life. I wouldn't go to the concert either...at least not with her.

This post actually scares the hell out of me. My ex befriended an older married guy at work and it bothered me and we argued about it sometimes. She told me it was just friends and I believe her. I don't trust the guys intentions though and tried to tell her he would probably try something. Now that we are broken up that's pretty much the only thing she could do that would make it so we never get back together. If she messes with this guy no way would I ever take her back. It's just wrong.

Not only did she disrespect your relationship, but she obviously doesn't respect marriage or family.
    Last edited by jackyd232; 13-10-09 at 01:36 AM.

Hey Jacky, yea i was unbelievably shocked when i found out who it was. Funny thing was all my friends knew she had a crush on him but i was the only person who didn't. They all thought she was kidding. She initially thought they were friends but i guess u know what happens it gets more and more serious and ends up getting it on. I'd be careful with your ex. i dont know it must be the new thing young girls and married men. Everyones told her he has bad intentions but shes clouded with rosy sunglasses and thinks hes sincere.

Definitely man. Right now I don't really care because we're broke up and I don't know if we'll even be back together. I don't think she'll do anything with him because shes very conservative, but never say never. It's definitely something I'll ask before I commit anything back to her though. It's unforgivable to me.

If you truly love this girl you might be able to forgive her, but don't make it easy on her. She needs to prove a lot it seems.

thats absolutely rediculous man.

number #1, there is pleeentttyyy of fish in the sea, fish who dont cheat on you with old wrinkly men who could have slept with the grossest women in the world. honestly, if someone who is willing to RUIN the lives of his children and waste the time of his wife for a booty call from some dumb girl and your ex didnt think anything of that? let alone attracted to it? i mean really man, if you get with her and she does this again, because she will, then you will think of yourself as a moron for giving her another chance when the answer was so obvious.

thats not even talking about the trust issue that you would have with her if you guys get back together. you deserve someone with a brain, self respect and compassion for another persons family and their significant other.

theres so many thing wrong with what she did its a no brainer.

come on man, she doesn't even deserve to have you answer back to her small talk.