+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Party re-union girl

Party re-union girl

Ok , got back from a party about 2 hours ago and already fully smitten. Bumped into a girl I knew for a short period about a year ago , who I most defenitely liked then , spent hours talking ,bantering with , spontaneous hugs etc but was never actually together with .Some pretty bad family stuff happened I moved town , I stopped going out for a while and when I came back my group had split in two and I'd kind of forgotten about her. So at this party (and no she wasnt drunk) I got a tackle-hug and we talked in the kitchen for about 4 hours , got on well again caught up etc. anyway just when I was thinking I might get to know her again her boyfriend turns up out the blue ,and my friend comes over , her boyfriend sits there in sullen silence as does my friend , and though we keep talking its reaaally awkward. from what I've heard she isnt too happy with the guy , and im actually thinking about making some effort towards her. I have her number and msn and stuff from when we left the party , but since I moved she's a fair travel distance away (about an hour), and I'd have to re-insert myself into the other half of the group , the one I dont see anymore)

Question is , should I make the effort? is it wrong to try and speed up her getting rid of him , ethically as in ( I dont have much clue there) when I might not be able to see her as frequently as ideal? (( assuming again Im succesful going after her that is))
    Last edited by gartlas; 25-10-09 at 01:07 PM.
    "Nobody , so long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life , is without trouble. Carl jung

Nothing wrong with letting her know you're interested and that if things ever change with the boyfriend, you'd love to take her out.

Hmmm thanks ,Im not usually that bold though
    "Nobody , so long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life , is without trouble. Carl jung

Quote Originally Posted by gartlas View Post
    Hmmm thanks ,Im not usually that bold though
    Ummm, ok :-/ It wasn't a big assignment, but if you can't do that I'd just move on, she's taken.