+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A year now.

A year now.

It had been a year now since we broke up. Long story short, Four year relationship. I (23 years old male) messed up and broke it off (broke her heart). She had completely cut me loose. Her aunt was sick (cancer), I tried to console her, she got mad and blocked me (myspace). I still care about her, even love her. She doesn't feel the same.

Last week, I got her flowers (shipped to her house) to wish her happy birthday. I received no response from her. I haven't seen her almost four months now. I have this temptation to call her right now... But I figure I'll post this to redirect my attention here than my cell phone. Several friends tell me to move on because she doesn't care about me. I know this. Yet I still want to be there for her.

I already improved myself. Lose 50 lbs, went back to college, went skydiving, got a better job. I'm learning a new language. Hablo espaņol. Now, I'm thinking about picking up the guitar... AND learn how to play it! :-P

Time heal all wounds. I heard of this and it is true. But I must admit, it's probably going to be a long time for this heart to heal. :-(

Leave her alone, your friends are trying to steer you the right way. She wants nothing to do with you, she's making that crystal clear. There is nothing you can do to change this unfortunately.

You should be doing those thing to improve yourself for YOU. Yes it hurts and the pain lingers, but time heals all wounds.

You have two choices at this point:

You can wallow in your own sorrow over her and be miserable.

You can keep doing these things to improve you life and let time take away the lingering past so you can move on.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Yeah break all contact, it sounds like your making great progress anyway. Keep at it.
    "Making plans to change the world, while the world is changing us."

Thanks. I just cut all communication off. What sucks, I just lose my job today. I wanted to tell her to get some support but I remember she doesn't care so I told my sister and my best friend. You're right about the pain lingering. Gotta love life. Haha.

Sorry you lost your job bro, hope you find another one soon! Keep your head up, sounds like you have really come a loooooooooong way, keep moving forward and keep up the good work!

Everyone's right, you need to let it go. Guarantee you she's with someone else, the flowers went straight into the trash or were re-gifted and you're the last thing on her mind.

You've moved forward with your life, nice job on the self improvement, now it's just time to meet a new, nice girl and have some fun :-)