+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your opinion on talking to multiple females as I talk to you...?

Quote Originally Posted by all alone View Post
    ditto his view, you seem to be distancing yourself oddly from the 'human' element and approaching this like some sort of algebraic equation.. not what has to be done.
    I'm not trying to step away from what's completely human. In fact, I am trying to exploit human intelligence as much as I can by following logical guidelines in my approaches. These guidelines are shaped by observations of common situations. There's no harm in using your ability to recognize patterns in social dynamics to logically go about making people attracted to you. To me, it's all about efficiency. I don't like to automatically assume my intuitive reasoning will lead me to favorable outcomes, in other words.

Quote Originally Posted by QuanSai View Post
    I'm not trying to step away from what's completely human.
    I know you're responding to someone else but I'm gonna respond back anyway. There is something in this world called empathy - you will encounter things you simply cannot logify no matter how hard you try, this is where empathy must step in (yes I just made a portmanteau with logic and justify).

There's no harm in using your ability to recognize patterns in social dynamics to logically go about making people attracted to you.
    This is pretty much what everyone does anyway except instead of being overly verbose I would simply describe it as social skills.

In fact, I am trying to exploit human intelligence as much as I can by following logical guidelines in my approaches.
    How do you know those logical guidelines you follow are accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctuary View Post
    I know you're responding to someone else but I'm gonna respond back anyway. There is something in this world called empathy - you will encounter things you simply cannot logify no matter how hard you try, this is where empathy must step in (yes I just made a portmanteau with logic and justify).

This is pretty much what everyone does anyway except instead of being overly verbose I would simply describe it as social skills.

How do you know those logical guidelines you follow are accurate?

I've encountered empathy. And there is even logic that can be applied to this. Scientists are continuously learning more and more about human emotions -- how they come about and why. Objective logic can be applied to everything. Even inductive beliefs have logic behind them, whether that be subjective or objective.

And calling what I mentioned "social skills" would have been way too broad for what I wanted to express.

And I know the logical guidelines are accurate when I've done something logical following those guidelines in order to get a particular result, ending in what I want as a result. That's not a tough concept to grasp. I think you're asking a redundant question to test me here. Even if you aren't, it was a fun question to answer.

Totally OT, but do you have Aspergers Syndrome?

Quote Originally Posted by Heratriumphant View Post
    Totally OT, but do you have Aspergers Syndrome?
    Well, I've come across AS in some of my passive research. As far as I know, I don't.

I've encountered empathy. And there is even logic that can be applied to this. Scientists are continuously learning more and more about human emotions -- how they come about and why. Objective logic can be applied to everything. Even inductive beliefs have logic behind them, whether that be subjective or objective.
    Yes, I'm as big of a fan of objective logic as you are. You've encountered empathy but how often do you exercise it?

And calling what I mentioned "social skills" would have been way too broad for what I wanted to express.
    That what? You learn by trial and error?

And I know the logical guidelines are accurate when I've done something logical following those guidelines in order to get a particular result, ending in what I want as a result. That's not a tough concept to grasp. I think you're asking a redundant question to test me here. Even if you aren't, it was a fun question to answer.
    How do you know there wasn't a third variable in play? Fire trucks show up at burning buildings all the time so it would be logical to assume that fire trucks cause fires. It's not the best example but you get my point.

Talking to you is interesting - in a way it's like talking to a part of myself.

Just wondering. You come across a bit like an Aspie. My son has AS and I can see him applying logic and science to human interaction much the way you do.

Unfortuantly humans tend to be chaotic and illogical creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctuary View Post
    Yes, I'm as big of a fan of objective logic as you are. You've encountered empathy but how often do you exercise it?

That what? You learn by trial and error?

How do you know there wasn't a third variable in play? Fire trucks show up at burning buildings all the time so it would be logical to assume that fire trucks cause fires. It's not the best example but you get my point.

Talking to you is interesting - in a way it's like talking to a part of myself.
    Empathy is something I'm always exercising. It would be unwise of me not to, especially after considering how emotionally volatile humans are.

And no, not strictly by trial and error. I watch others' trials to formulate rational, seemingly-logical conclusions. Then, I start my trial, and if there is error or some abstract miscalculation, then I revise my approaches for future trials. I examine as much as I can before any trial, in other words. Labeling my methods simply "trial and error" makes it seem like I'm inductively acting without any regard for observable patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by Heratriumphant View Post
    Just wondering. You come across a bit like an Aspie. My son has AS and I can see him applying logic and science to human interaction much the way you do.

Unfortuantly humans tend to be chaotic and illogical creatures.
    Yes, we are. =]

Empathy is something I'm always exercising. It would be unwise of me not to, especially after considering how emotionally volatile humans are.

And no, not strictly by trial and error. I watch others' trials to formulate rational, seemingly-logical conclusions. Then, I start my trial, and if there is error or some abstract miscalculation, then I revise my approaches for future trials. I examine as much as I can before any trial, in other words. Labeling my methods simply "trial and error" makes it seem like I'm inductively acting without any regard for observable patterns.
    Fair enough. I no longer have qualms as to the logicalness of your actions.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My honest opinion is I wouldn't like it not one bit. If I found out I would stop talking to you based solely on that fact.

And yes, this falls under my definition of a player.

But you're right you're not technically doing anything wrong. It just wouldn't fly with me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12