+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He says he wants me but then he feels bad ?

He says he wants me but then he feels bad ?

Very confusing situation that I am. We have known each other for 7 months, a few weeks ago we all of a sudden started flirting, ended up texting for a few days before hooking up and eventually spending a night together which was amazing. Seen a side of him that was a real pleasant surprise.

Since then things have just gone a bit strange, he says he doesn't know what he wants, he does want me but then he feels bad. Bad about what ?

We see eachother every day, he will look but as soon as I look at him he will look away. He asks why him, I could have any guy, and I told him that I am not interested. Last night we were out in different groups of people and he kept looking yet did nothing else, I tried to catch his eye but he always looked away but kept checking who I was talking to, and when I was talking to another guy about work he didn't seem too happy.

I just don't know what to do, don't understand what he is on about ?

Can anyone enlighten me ?

he is acting jealous. jealousy is nothing more than an extremely unpleasant way of finding out that you like someone a lot romantically. he may not have been in this position before and is unsure of himself as to how to proceed with this relationship.

It's interesting you should say that, because that is what my friend said last night that was talking to him. She said he kept definitely looking over to me. She reckons he might be surprised by the feeling he is experiencing, he didn't want anything serious as far a I know and I am quite happy with that at this stage, maybe he is surprised about what happened ?

if you guys have been friends for a while he is probably suffering from 'nice guy' syndrome. doesn't want to screw this up. does not want to do anything to make you upset. he may even get apologetic. all this behavior only means that he is sincere in his affection for you but unfortunately such behavior gets old fast and is generally unattractive to women and finally ends up pushing them away via the woman losing interest. a man does not have to be a jerk to keep a girlfriend, he just can't be TOO nice.

his 'fear of loss' for what has started is mostly likely causing him to be apprehensive due to being unsure of himself. again, apprehensive because he does not want to screw it up. but you can be sure that if he reacts with jealousy, even a little, it is a sure indicator that he has romantic feelings for you.

Damn I think I been like that before. He probably wonders what your thinking of him.