+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Rebound?

Rebound?

To rebound or not to rebound, that is the question.

As some of you know, I'm about a month out of a 2year relationship. This weekend I went out with some friends and met a exciting, interesting, hella sexy guy (a friend of a friend).

I ended up spending most of the night walking and talking with him. It was sweet and flirty, and SO much fun! We kissed and exchanged phone numbers.

For a ton of reasons I don't see a relationship happening between me and sexyguy. We live a town away from one another, we have different life styles and I have a 9yo with Autism (Aspergers, buy when the new diagnosic guidelines come out it will be Autism)...that tends to weed out a lot of potential guys.

So...I guess I'm asking if it's a good idea to pursue this?
    I'm fresh out of a longish relationship, sexyguy most likely WON'T turn into a boyfriend... Just short term casual fun. Totally a rebound.

I feel weird about the whole thing, one night of hanging out with this guy has made me look at my ex and that relationship with new eyes. Does that make me fickle? Or am I just moving on?

I don't know. Can y'all give me some thoughts or insight here?

I say your just moving on. It may be time for a rebound, you never know. Give it a shot and see if it feels right. I tried to have rebound sex about 2 weeks ago, and by the time we got to where we were ready to have sex it just didnt feel right. I say go for it and you will know if your ready.

Do you think that you can date this guy but keep it at that?
    I don't see the harm in hanging out with this guy and having some fun. But I wouldn't jump to far with your thoughts about sexyguy.

The only time a child should even be discussed is if the relationship is destined for long term.
    Last edited by CocoChanel; 16-11-09 at 09:04 AM.

Oh, my son would NOT be meeting this guy unless by some totally unlikely chance it actually turned into a serious relationship.

I did tell him about my son, because his issues make it hard for me to be as available for dating as most people. I seriously lack free time, and I don't want that to be translated as a lack of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    The only time a child should even be discussed is if the relationship is destined for long term.
    I think that before any kind of relationship begins, beyond messing around, the child should always be mentioned. I have a child and if I were to want to date a lady I would like to know if she has a child, because honestly I do not want another child and it would be a waste of both of our time to pursue any type of relationship beyond friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Heratriumphant View Post
    Oh, my son would NOT be meeting this guy unless by some totally unlikely chance it actually turned into a serious relationship.

I did tell him about my son, because his issues make it hard for me to be as available for dating as most people. I seriously lack free time, and I don't want that to be translated as a lack of interest.
    Oh okay good! I thought that is what you meant!! But good because I agree with you totally! When you told him do you think he understood you? If so, then you may not have to worry about him thinking your not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by jb12288 View Post
    I think that before any kind of relationship begins, beyond messing around, the child should always be mentioned. I have a child and if I were to want to date a lady I would like to know if she has a child, because honestly I do not want another child and it would be a waste of both of our time to pursue any type of relationship beyond friends.
    Discussed was the wrong word but she got what I was saying.

Yeah, I really do think he understood. Which is pretty awesome for a single guy with no kids. He's worked with special needs kids...which for someone like me is a total turn on. LOL

Omg Yay! Girl, don't worry too much about this one. I would have fun and make the best of it okay? Congrats on finding someone too!