+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lovesick feelings because of a girl I don't even know that well?

Lovesick feelings because of a girl I don't even know that well?

Okay, here's the story... I'm into weightlifting/bodybuilding, and go to my local Gold's Gym quite a bit. I'm a bit shy, single, and have never had a girlfriend (never really felt the need to have one). About 3-6 weeks ago a girl replaced a buddy of mine (who went to work for a better gym) as a receptionist. Well, when I first met her I didn't think she was that great, didn't even think she was my type. We've talked just about every time I've come into the Gym (she works when I usually work out), and I've gotten to know her pretty well. We are both about the same age, and go to the same college.

Remember what I said about her not being my type? Well, something happened and changed overnight or something, because now I feel like she is the one and only, and the last couple weeks I've been feeling some symptoms of lovesickness. I can't stop thinking about her... I've been depressed, can't think about any other girls, don't feel like hanging out with my best friends, have to force myself to eat (and feel sick when I do), don't feel like doing anything, and don't even seem to have the sex drive I had a month ago. Not to mention I've been sleeping till noon lately (which I hate doing, and didn't do before these feelings). I could go into even more detail, but I think you all get the point.

I seriously have NEVER felt like this before, and I absolutely HATE HATE HATE it. I feel like I love her, but also feel like I wish I never met her, because I was totally fine and happy before the last couple of weeks. I know some of you are probably thinking, "stop it, just stop feeling like this. Get over her." Well, trust me, if it were that easy, I would have already done it. And the truly pathetic thing is, I could have a chance with her, I haven't even asked her out yet (which I plan on doing, but am worried because college finals are coming up in the next couple weeks).

I don't even know why I wrote all this. Venting maybe? So stupid. I wish I could cut off my ****ing feelings and emotions, because feeling like this is literally TORTURE. Anyway's... Comments? Advice? Tips? Whatever you want to say. Shit, call me a stupid weirdo if you want, I sure as hell seem like it.

I'm guessing nobody has responded because I answered myself? Ask her out?

I think what I'm really trying to ask is... Why is this happening? What the hell is going on in my brain?

I envy you!
    What a great opportunity to seduce to feel alive and to be corrupted by love.

Yes ask her out! But much more than that. Plan a campaign to win her heart.

It takes tatics time and patience a war of the minds and spirit.
    Educate yourself about the art of seduction, of love and attraction.

We tend to delude ourselves into thinking that if its right its right and take this lazy approach to relationships. I otherwise say nay we must create and understand the laws of attraction.

Study them well and take you time.

At worst you dont win her heart, but you learn something much more valueble. You learn to be self-aware, self-improving and the ability to pursue and capture what makes us human and fulfills us. Our contact with others, relationships

best Regards.

lhn is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Jhcl... you ARE "lovesick"... you don't know how to deal with it which is absolutely normal the first time.
    Embrace it and know that this might lead to many happy memories.

Ask her out when you're ready and enjoy everything that follows. It's magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    jeez i turn every argument round on a man, why take the blame if hes stupid enough to let you blame him about something totally different

Well, I know it's been a while, but I'm going to update.

Finally asked her out after talking to/flirting with her for 2 months. Picked her up and went to dinner and a movie, seemed to be a lot of smiling and laughing, I held doors for her like a nice guy, took her home, walked her to her door, she gave me a hug (no back patting thank God). By "she gave me a hug," I mean she initiated a hug with me, I was *seriously* just going to say goodnight without any physical contact because I didn't want to come on to strong. She asked me, before she closed her door, if I would be in the Gym the next day since she was working, and I said yes, then left. I may have said a few stupid things during the date, but overall it SEEMED to go well, and at the end of the date as I was driving her home she seemed more comfortable (she was actually talking instead of just answering my questions).

I'd like to go out with her again, bowling or mini-golf or something more active and fun. Let's hope she agrees to go out again.

Jhcl says:

"have never had a girlfriend"

this right here says it all. She's friendly to you b/c she's the receptionist and now you feel attached to her.

thats good you actually went out with her.....dont become too clingy....as much as you want to be with her all the time and act on all these feelings....DO NOT over do it. Be confident and you'll be fine.