+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Passion is insidious. Ladies, if you hear me!!!

Passion is insidious. Ladies, if you hear me!!!

Passion is insidious.
    OH MAN!

Do you know what it’s like when you see a person and start blushing? Do you know how it feels to hug a person and feel like they’ve ripped your soul from your body and fused it with theirs? What happens when you’re addicted to this feeling? What about when you don’t have access to an alternative? What if you don’t want one? How come it’s so hard to look beyond emotions in this case? Whenever I make an effort to do the same thing in other situations, I’m successful in my attempt. Why not in this one? How could one person be the basis for my entire reason to live? I know it sounds extreme, and I’d feel the same way if I were in your shoes. But shit — this is one thing I can’t even come close to completely explaining. I don’t have the mental capacity or equipment at this point. If she was reading this, she’d probably say that I’m out of my mind. I wouldn’t blame her. This is one of the most frightening things to view from the standpoint of a pivotal role player. It has to be. I’d sure be scared of what would happen to me. Imagine someone being completely obsessed over you. What would you think? How would you feel if the feeling wasn’t mutual?

There has to be some explanation for this. I pride myself on being one who strives to be as logical as possible in constructing my conclusions. But this is the most illogical-seeming subject I’ve ever observed. The feelings lack any sort of order. Additionally, it seems that each one has a tendency to be more intense than it’s predecessor. At one point I’m feeling overwhelmed by the sadness I’ve redeemed from this emotional hit and it could be the worst feeling in the world. Then at the next moment, I feel like I’m able to satisfy my feeling of unbearable longing by being with her, knowing that she will feel the same way in such a situation. But then, almost instantaneously as a result of the last feeling, I could feel afraid of not making the last feeling of comfort a reality; fear so powerful I feel like curling up into a ball in a corner, closing my eyes, and sitting until something decides to prey on me. I don’t see what’s happening here.

Being a scientist makes none of it better, sadly. My abnormally curious nature pushes me to harp on such an emotional conglomerate.

I just want to get over it.

I keep thinking about that time I was at that party and I sat on a couch with her on top of me, hugging that girl to death. I swear, if I had hugged any harder, I probably would have been convicted for murder by now. How or why she put up with that is beyond me. But that’s the least of my concern, although, I should probably be reluctant to think so. I just can’t leave that warm feeling behind. It was equal to the feeling I get when I hug my mother while I’m afraid. You know that feeling? I know it too well. This girl reminded me of it when I had forgotten. I’m no poet, but boy, if I could describe this in the most descriptive words possible, I would. I don’t think anyone could ever understand this, no matter how much experience they have under their belt, and no matter how intelligent they are — at least not in this day and age. This is one thing I can honestly say I’m stuck on without completely feeling ashamed of myself. For a person to tap into a set of emotions only a mother could, they’d have to be of divine orientation, but am I being too critical in stating that? She’d think so, but she’s so humble! Oh! If she only knew…

I’m such a stupid boy.

you're in the situation that i fear the most... Please describe how you got into this situation so i would know the minute it's happening to me and run away...

But on the other hand, if she loves you just as much as you do. You're the luckiest man on earth

WTF?? Cant understand

Didn't get a chance to read everything you wrote but..

"When infatuated we experience a surge of dopamine that rushes through the brain causing us to feel good. Norepinephrine flows through the brain stimulating production of adrenaline (pounding heart). Phenylethalimine (found in chocolate) creates a feeling of bliss. Irrational romantic sentiments may be caused by oxytocin, a primary sexual arousal hormone that signals orgasm and feelings of emotional attachment. Together these chemicals sometimes override the brain activity that governs logic."

[url]http://www.selfcreation.com/love/infatuation.htm[/url]

Not that I really see a difference between infatuation and the passions of early romantic love but um, yea it's hard to think clearly when you're in love.

For a person to tap into a set of emotions only a mother could, they’d have to be of divine orientation, but am I being too critical in stating that?
    From what I remember in psychology class, that sounds like oxytocin.
    Last edited by Sanctuary; 29-11-09 at 08:22 AM.

kms is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    ^ What he said. These chemicals we commonly refer to as 'attraction' or 'love' can completely take over our minds if we let it. The key is to remind yourself that this is just a chemical process going on and it can be easily overcome. Plus, these intense feelings fade over time, so don't worry, it'll be over soon, lol. You mentioned an interest in science, so you should look up helen fisher on youtube and watch some of her lectures on the chemical process involved in 'love'. Her research is pretty interesting.

*sigh*

You guys totally misunderstood the entire post.

I'm very aware of the biological aspect of it all.

Imbeciles. It was artistic expression.
    Last edited by QuanSai; 01-12-09 at 05:17 AM. Reason: spelling error

So why do you say the subject is "illogical-seeming" and that you don't think "anyone could ever understand this"?

Or do you feign ignorance when you engage in artistic expression?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do black people blush?

kms is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I did understand. I know full well what you're talking about. But the artistic impetus that has caused the creation of countless songs, plays, poems, stories, works of art, etc. centered on love all has a basis in biology. Nothing that happens to us comes from nowhere - there is a biological/chemical process going on underneath it all. However, I personally think life is better lived in reality rather than fantasy.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Shut up QuanSai. You are a scientist. This makes you artistically retarded by default.

Didn't you ever watch the episodes where Spock tries to sing??
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh