+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The Suicidal Girl LDR GONE REALLY

The Suicidal Girl LDR GONE REALLY

So, I met this girl on a facebook chatroom. We talked for a while and ended up getting very close. So, we talked on the phone and suddenly (I'm not sure how it happened), but ended up expressing feelings for each other even though we never met. I really don't know how this happened so don't ask me. Mistake #1

I met a girl that was closeby and I told her that I had to end things with the internet girl. And she ended up sending me suicidal messages. I kept the internet girl's number in my phone. Mistake #2

The girl closeby broke things off with me and I was feeling very depressed and alone and I told the internet girl about it and she said she still had feelings for me. So we end up hooking up again and making plans to meet and what not. Mistake #3

Now, she said something that really made me scared and set off a red flag that this girl is nuts. She said told me that I don't care about her and that she hurt herself and I don't care. And that's when I told myself, I can't take this anymore. I thought she tried to hurt herself because I wouldn't respond to one of her texts. So, I called Sprint and got them to block her number for me. I deleted her from my contacts.

I feel like a horrible person because I was very confused at the time and I really hope she doesn't kill herself, but I'm just scared to death of her. She keeps trying to hurt herself and there's nothing I can do to stop her.

I learned my lesson, I'm never going to date on facebook ever again.

I met a girl on a dating website and been talking to her, I really like this new one and I'm just going to take it slow and talk to her everyday before we actually do make plans to meet. And then maybe there will be a possibility of a relationship.

I feel like I'm going to go to hell for what I've done with the internet girl who wants to kill herself because of me. What should I do?
    Last edited by Raze; 03-12-09 at 01:19 PM.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why should you feel bad? She's not talking about hurting herself because of anything YOU did wrong, she's doing it because she has problems and needs help. Which, by the way, is not your problem considering you guys never had anything going on really.

You've blocked her so now forget about her. She probably wasn't go to do anything anyway, it was just some act of insecure desperation to get you to 'care' about her.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She was using that as a threat to manipulate you into maintaining a relationship you weren't interested in. You shouldn't feel bad; you should be angry.

BTW - you should never stick around longer than 10 seconds when someone acts this way. It's disgusting.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There are several categories of crazy people:

- those who are dangers to themselves and others -- avoid at all costs
    - those who are crazy but aren't ready to help themselves -- avoid as above
    - those who are crazy and are genuinely ready to help themselves -- up to you to help or not

If you choose option 3, just remember that people with issues tend to cling to anyone or thing that seems like a lifeline. Its one thing to help someone, another thing entirely to do it at the expense of your own well-being. This gal probably needs to hit bottom before she'll push for the surface.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

If she kills herself there will be one less horror in the world...
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

what the hell?!? I feel like I'm training a puppy. Stop talking to girls online!!!

My girlfriend's ex would threaten to commit suicide anytime they were about to break up. She'd feel bad for him, and stick it out. It was just a mind game he was playing to keep her, and honestly it's pretty selfish. Why would you want to hold someone hostage in a relationship?

Anyway, you did the right thing by blocking that girl. You hadn't even met in person yet, and she was already doing some bat-sh*t-crazy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    what the hell?!? I feel like I'm training a puppy. Stop talking to girls online!!!
    Times ten! Damn, is Neo going to have to go up there and actually smack you with the rolled-up newspaper?
    Spammer Spanker

One of the hardest lessons to lean in life is that if someone is doomed, there is nothing you can ultimately do to save them, no matter how much you care; they have to get their OWN sh_t together. If this girl weren't slitting her wrists over you, she'd be doing it over someone or something else. You can't take false responsibility for this. Especially since, given your description at least, you aren't guilty of anything but being young, lonely and inexperienced with these things.

Move on, and don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Times ten! Damn, is Neo going to have to go up there and actually smack you with the rolled-up newspaper?
    LF emergency! We have a 511, a man in need of slapping. Send all units in the area.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Anyone who uses this sort of emotional blackmail to get you to care or sypathise I'd advise you stay away from theres probably all manner of deep seated issues to deal with. This too over an few online chats and phonecalls? Imagine what it could have been like if you actually MET!!

Be happy and glad that you never had to deal with her again, if you feel this bad now after the "threats" she made to herself! had you become further involved perhaps you might never have got away. I actually think you did her a favour providing she was just playing you and not serious,(most probable) now she might think twice about trying to manipulate someone this way because she lost your attension doing it!

Move on, my Ex had Bipolar she would talk about death all the time and how she wanted to end it all and I would always fall for it. Trying my best to encourage her and be positive. She would repeat it every so often even cutting herself and I was the one who felt worse than her. You did the right thing she's the one in the wrong but I know how you feel, girls with skills like this transfer all the guilt in the world to you. Congrats on stayin clear!!! Well done.