+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suicidal Ex

Suicidal Ex

I havent posted here for awhile due to a chaotic life but last night something happened which gave me a reason to return...

I had been seeing my girlfriend only for 6 months but it got pretty serious in that time. We're both depressed and it's long distance though, so after awhile it was all just getting on top of us and we'd been arguing a lot lately.

Last night I broke up with her. Since it's long distance I couldnt do it in person which I feel really shi.t about. Anyway, I woke up this morning to find all these texts on my phone that she sent around 2am, describing the arrangements she wanted for after she died.

She tried to kill herself but she wont tell me how or what happened or why it didnt work. She's a complete mess now. She still wants to die and I'm scared she'll keep trying til it works. She wont talk to me properly yet. I cant get back together with her, too much damage has been done, and it'd be the wrong reasons. But I just cant walk away until I know she'll be ok. How the hell do I deal with this situation?
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

does she live alone?

How do you spell M-A-N-I-P-U-L-A-T-I-O-N?

I would ignore her (unless you are a drama-addict). If she actually DOES do herself in, (highly unlikely) that is her choice. You really aren't responsible. Try to detach yorself emotionally from this situation and be objective about it. People like this are major energy drains. Avoid like the plague.

Hi, Misombra!

She's living with her parents right now.

I suspect from something she said this morning that they found her in a bit of a state today so they do know, but I cant be sure.
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    How do you spell M-A-N-I-P-U-L-A-T-I-O-N?

I would ignore her (unless you are a drama-addict). If she actually DOES do herself in, (highly unlikely) that is her choice. You really aren't responsible. Try to detach yorself emotionally from this situation and be objective about it. People like this are major energy drains. Avoid like the plague.
    How can I possibly ignore her??!!! I still love her and I cannot turn my back on somebody when they need help whether I'm responsible or not.
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

I know it seems harsh, but I've been in your shoes, and this is "survival of the fittest" mode. Perhaps you are not quite ready to make the break, yet. Believe me, when she's sucked enough life from you, you will ABSOLUTELY follow my advice. Also, you will be more able to recognize these sorts of personality types right away so you can avoid them altogether. Good luck; you will need it.

Oh, yeah. I forgot to say that not everyone WANTS help or is willing to take it. That is why you need to worry more about yourself.

Kristy,
    Long time.
    Well IMO she needs help fpr her depression. I feel that if you continue to speak to her maybe it may make her worse off, you know maybe sadder and she may try another attempt. Its hard to let go letting go especially when someone is so unstable is not a good feeling. I feel that she definatley needs to speak to a profesional to help her wrk thru her feeling of desperation and depression. When she can get it all together hopefully someitme soon then maybe you guys can sit and talk. This is a verry sticky situation. If she wanted to really make an attempt on her life she would be dead. This is a cry for help, dont turn your back but be stong enough to let someone know that she needs help and bad, u cannot be her crutch.
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

I can understand that. If somebody else was posting, I would probably reply with your advice. But the fact is this isnt a situation I can look at as an outsider and decide whether or not I want to get involved. I am already involved so now I have to deal with that.

EDIT: this is in reply to shh
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

Quote Originally Posted by blue
    Kristy,
    Long time.
    Well IMO she needs help fpr her depression. I feel that if you continue to speak to her maybe it may make her worse off, you know maybe sadder and she may try another attempt. Its hard to let go letting go especially when someone is so unstable is not a good feeling. I feel that she definatley needs to speak to a profesional to help her wrk thru her feeling of desperation and depression. When she can get it all together hopefully someitme soon then maybe you guys can sit and talk. This is a verry sticky situation. If she wanted to really make an attempt on her life she would be dead. This is a cry for help, dont turn your back but be stong enough to let someone know that she needs help and bad, u cannot be her crutch.
    Yeahhh thats true. I think to move on properly, she would need a complete break from me anyway... I just dont want to leave her when she needs support, you know. Maybe considering we just broke up that support shouldnt be coming from me but there isnt anybody else. I can encourage her to get help - and hopefully her family will too - though whether or not she listens to me is another story.
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

how did she try? from what i've seen if a person is intent on suicide, there is no try, there is do and do not.

oh, hi shh! wassup girl!

Quote Originally Posted by KirstyM
    Yeahhh thats true. I think to move on properly, she would need a complete break from me anyway... I just dont want to leave her when she needs support, you know. Maybe considering we just broke up that support shouldnt be coming from me but there isnt anybody else. I can encourage her to get help - and hopefully her family will too - though whether or not she listens to me is another story.

Encouragement is alot, and at this point its everything and all i feel that its all you can do in a situation like this. Offer your ear your support and encouragment but be stong and let her and her family know that she needs help. Kinda like an intervention maybe. Sometimes when we are in the fog and there are emotions running crazy we forget that there is light at the end of the tunnel, which is usually the case when depression gets bad. You have done what you can. Guilt never helps any one ever. Take care. Xoxoxo blue
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

She is not going to kill her-self. She just wants pity and attention. Suicidal people lose their complete will to live. They make a decision(usually never talk about it) and then finalize it. If there is one single tiny thought that suicide is not the way then it never happens. I was suicidal but unfortunatly while the idea of escaping everything was nice ..the idea of ending my mind and thoughts(that I happen to like) was bothersome.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast