This is personal story of mine and I would really appreciate your feedbacks. It's my first time writing on this forum, so forgive my mistakes!
Mind you it's long.

First would like to give my background info:
I am a female of south indian origin and come from conservative family and right now living in Canada.

It all started when I was in 12th grade. I was one of the few girls, that did NOT believe in prince charming, and knew right from the start that all guys are fake (sorry but i was just very rude to the guys!!!). I could not have possibly put myself through the heart aches that most girls go through and I always had a strong defensive attitude toward all the guys. I NEVER believed in love and knew will have an arrange marriage.

In grade 12, I had many friends and we usually played funny but safe pranks on each other. I often teased all the guys in school and was sort of a brat lol. Until one day, a guy added me on msn. I mistook that person for someone from school and thought tht I was being paid back and pranked so I just played along with that person online. He kept on telling me that he loves me and all and I said ya whatever I love u too. This continued for 2-3 days, and finally on day 3 he gives me his number. I obviously don't talk to him, and instead call him up just to hear his voice and I hang up. He sounded soooooo different from any of the other guys I have known, and had a british accent which is not common where I live (canada). I freaked out totally and felt like as though I was playing with his feelings so I immediately blocked and deleted him without giving him a chance to speak. I can never imagine myself playing with someone's heart. As expected though he added me back 3 times within that same week until I told him to leave me alone which he did.

Three years went by and I had no memory of him because I never cared. In those 3 years, I got myself into university and have always been ambitious about my education. I never had a boyfriend, though I don't think it's anything wrong, but it just was not my thing. Now I was in my final year of uni. He happened to pop up again after 3 years and tried adding me 3 times and each time I blocked him. He was really beginning to piss me off coz he didnt get the message and so I finally explained to him that he should leave me alone if he seriously respects me. I was totally surprised when he actually left me alone and then I realized that he may not be a bad person.

I finally called him up after 6 months since he last added me, and spoke with him for the very 1st time! I couldnt believe what I was doing. Anyways, we had a light and good conversation and he sounded like a true gentleman. He was 24 and I was 20. We then started talking almost everyday and finally just after 3 days we met up.
It was a horrible date because he was a bit too touchy and I coudlnt stand him. He really weirded me out because I went on the date to check him out and he became a bit affectionate lol or maybe I am just weird, never been on a date prior to this and I am already 20! haha anyways, he tried to hold my hand and I felt uncomfortable, and I tried to tell him but he has a mischievious nature and didnt back off so I got pissed again and left in the middle of the movie. I was very rude to him but he didnt respect my personal space, or maybe that's how first dates are I duno, neways. Then he continued texting me and calling me and i finally spoke to him a week after our disastrous date. I told him, this dating thingie aint my thing and I have a difficult time trusting ppl.
Anyways, we met up again, and this time he behaved well lol. He took me to this mountain heheh our 2nd date was kinda dangerous but we both had a good time at the valley. I explained to him that I have old-fashioned thinking and I am sorry for what happened last time but I didnt liked you the way you acted. He was so surprised to hear tht I have never dated in my life. He's like you know you are a gem of a person, and that any guy who would marry you would be one of the most luckiest person. I love you the way you are and I would never want you to change yourself for anyone. He told me that im not outrageously glamorous and simple eastern beauty. Anyways, he kept on praising me, and I was still doubtful of his intentions. To make long story short, he proposed on the 2nd date!
But here comes the twist, he told me there is something about him that he wants me to know right from the start, because he can not imagine lying to me. He said he left his education long time back, and instead is investing large in some business that he is about to begin. I personally don't see anything wrong with that although having an education would have made our lives alot easier, but I also knew my parents would refuse.
My parents are reasonable people, like they wouldnt openly refuse to any person, they are cool about love marriage, but education is a biggie to them.
I spoke with my mom about him, and she became furious. I knew she would get angry but I don't want to lie to her. I told her everything. Her concern grew for me and began warning me about him, oh he's not a good guy and all. I can see where she is coming from and as a parent I would worry too. So I assured her I am not going to be with him again but at the same time it became increasingly difficult for me to leave him.
He cannot get an education because he won't be in canada for long as he's flying back to uk in next year. He was honest enough to let me know about this on the 2nd date and never kept anything hidden from me.
This man loves me to bits. It's been 6 months now that we've been seeing each other, although not regularly but on and off, but I can't seem to let him go. He totally respects me, and take very good care of me, he spends money on me lavishly and despite no education he has good manners. He makes sure I am always safe, and he always takes me where I need to go. He is always tthere for me in my rough times and plans on being there for me for the rest of my life, even though the two of us know that we can never be together. I often cook for him, and he always takes me out to movies, dinners, and long trips. He is soo romantic lol and he loves me like a true man. He always tells me to never trust any other guy as much as I have trusted him because for one, many guys are players lol hes very cute when he gets concerned for me. In short, he is a true lover and I can never forget him.
We often cry when we meet because we know this relationship will not go anywhere.
One time I have been caught talking with him on the phone, and my mother, who is a diabetic patient, had a serious health condition and went into coma. I felt fully responsible for her ill health and had wished I never got her where I did. So I told the boy I won't be seeing him again, and he understood. But needless to say, I am still seeing him but very rarely.
He knows this won't last, so he's given me a few vows. Hes given me a vow that if ever life I am in any form of trouble, or I have a break up with my husband, or anything, be it now or 10 years from now I should speak to him. And as well he wants to make sure Im always safe. He loves me more than I love him. He backed off after hearing about my mother's health because he knows how much everything was hurting me.
At one side I love him more than my life, and then there is the eternal love I have for my parents, and my mom's ill health. I need to be by mom's side in her rough health conditions. He told me to not leave my parents, and instead let him go. He is even concerned as far as me getting married to a great guy! He wants to make sure that when he leaves me I am in safe hands.
I am not even sure if what I did is right because my mom has been worried about me alot lately and this is only affecting her health. I can't possibly give her any stress. At the same time, I don't want to force him to study because he has bigger plans of investing in a huge business. I don't want to be a barrier of his goals.

Sometimes I wish he hadnt been this nice with me because now I will have a really hard time moving on. He said that even once he leaves canada, he would want to make sure I am happy and if ever in trouble I should contact him, he will leave all his contact info behind. He's even spoken to his own mother about me. So here I am today, the girl who's NEVER believed in love, thought all the guys were same, came across a person who changed her opinion entirely and she'll never ever be the same.
We both know that we won't be seeing each other for another month..its kinda sad and very depressing. He trusts me entirely in everything although hes a bit short tempered and very sensitive person. Hes also very emotional.

I just want to know what would you guys have done if in my place?? Many people feel that it's our life and we should make our own decisions (not everyone thinks like that obviously) and that our parents have no say what so ever. I feel otherwise, I feel that the 2 people that brought you into this world have 110% right over you. Also, my view may have been influenced more so now because I am so worried about my mother. I don't want to give her any form of shock and want to make up to her. Was I wrong?? Do you think men like him are rare to find?? Am I making a mistake?

Thanks for reading!