+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Waxing the eyebrows . . .

Waxing the eyebrows . . .

I've noticed that a lot of my friends had their eyebrows waxed and then pluck to keep them clean. And these EXACT same friends are the ones that get a TON of chicks. I'm starting to do the 'ol formula. For those techies, I'll spell it out, Algebra-style . . .

Person A waxes eyebrows.
    Person B waxes eyebrows.
    Person C waxes eyebrows.
    Person D waxes eyebrows.

And Persons A, B, C, and D all seem to obtain women, I'm seeing what some people call a "pattern".

So I'm considering next week having mine shaped up. They're not bad (not like I have a unibrow or anything), but I'm starting to realize that the first thing a girl is going to notice is your face. And if your eyebrows look clean-cut, it should give off a cleancut image. That's why guys always make sure to shave before going out, comb their hair before going out, etc. So why shouldn't I join the parade? Even though I'm not 'metro' by today's standards (sorry Squirrel, just easier to say!), there's no law against me trying to look my best. And the eyebrows would be a component that maybe these girls are subconsciously noticing and being drawn to (much like those sayings of having clean fingernails cause a girl will notice them). And they ALWAYS look at your eyes when you're talking to them.

Thoughts anyone? I'm 95% sure I'm going to do it. Just wondering what other people's thoughts are. I'll try to take "before/after" shots and post them.

Rod Steele

Hey alexi! Long time no hear!!
    ahem! Okay. I've never heard of a guy ever doing this before, (remember I live under a rock, now), but I say go for it. I don't see it being any different from any other grooming activity. Women do it all the time. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with a guy wanting to look and FEEL his best. Good luck with it!

How cool Alexi! Ok so if you notice and SEE other guys doing it and theyre gettn attention FROM waxed eyebrows, shit thats a new one to me. Because YES even though a mans face is one of the first things we notice, its not your eyebrows. Unless you have a massive unabrow ok that we might. But we notice more your asses! Or your arms...Im gonna go out on a limb and say that the eyebrows are kinda on the bottom of the attention getters, color of your eyes we notice, we look into them!

But hey, this sounds pretty interesting to me, you definetly have to take shots of this one! I dont think Ive EVER seen a man with groomed eyebrows, so Breezy, Im living under the rock with ya!

GO FOR IT ROD STEELE~
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

LOL. I've heard of this, it is a more recent thing. It looks good when you shape them up a bit, single hairs in different positions and little hairs between your eyebrows are annoying. However if the person doing the waxing gets them a little too "clean cut" or too thin it can really make you look feminine. That is not very attractive at all.. especially on younger guys who are still filling out, so you might try plucking the strays first before getting them waxed just to see how that goes off.
    I have seen the mystics play there,
    Once or twice but I knew they had a reason.
    Enchantment plays it's cards all right,
    Hand in hand with the working of the seasons.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    some guys like it some guys don't. overall i think that guys don't like the really hairy guys but guys have to keep their manliness by not waxing. i'm lucky in that i don't have a unibrow, however if yours are getting really close together, i would do something about it. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

hrm.......i can't say i've ever really noticed a guy's eyebrows all that much. I do notice the face first, but it's usually the eyes themselves, then lips, then skin. But hey, if girls dig it, go for it
    [URL=http://portse.ipbhost.com]Keystroke Community[/URL]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hell no.. when a guy plucks their eye brows..they are usually one thing that other guys will tease them about. raverboy

I have huge eyebrows, lol.
    Never heard of anyone waxing them before

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    wax them, trim them, do whatever it takes. i think that unibrows are pretty scary. didnt you see dodgeball?? damn.

raverboy

Unibrows ARE scary. Have seen a couple of people with them. And apparently not enough sleep can cause unibrows as insufficient sleep causes the hair between your brows to grow.