+ Follow This Topic

Thread: waxing

waxing

so i got some wax stuff and i'm giving it a shot. but i'm TOTALLY FRUSTRATED the hair is not coming off and my skin is completely red and irritated and the shit is sticky and won't come off!!! what the frik!!!!?

did you get car wax or something?

this is probably one of the most frustrating things i've ever experienced.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah dude.

That sucks.

Hardcore.

What's worse.

I don't have any worthwhile advice than to just stop.

yeah. just stop is probably the best advice. it's just simply not working. it's tearing out everything BUT the hair. aaaargh! and it hurts! and it's sticky as hell! that's it. it's my boyfriend mach 3's from now on. unless somebody comes in here and gives me the magic bit of advice i need to make this happen.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    maybe ur hair is just too thick ... haha
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

you guys are too much. call up your sisters!

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    so i got some wax stuff and i'm giving it a shot. but i'm TOTALLY FRUSTRATED the hair is not coming off and my skin is completely red and irritated and the shit is sticky and won't come off!!! what the frik!!!!?
    I take it you are talking about the wax you melt first? There is an optimal temperature - not too thin (wax is too hot) nor too thick (wax is not melted enough) - you will have to experiment. It should feel warm when you put it on, but not hot. Put on a generous coat and leave it till it cools. If the coat is too thin, it is REALLY hard to get off. If necessary, add a second layer if the first is too thin. When you remove, you tear in the direction of hair growth, and do it fast (not little by little). The first time or two you may have to pluck a stray hair here and there. The redness will go away after a day or so (the first time I did it, I bled!) and when you get used to waxing, the irritation will abate somewhat. If you are doing your bikini line, be sure to use a loofah (every day and aggressively) on that area or you may get ingrown hairs. I don't know about underarm hair. I am too chicken to try.
    :-D
    Last edited by shh!; 31-05-05 at 01:15 PM.

Those at home wax kits are shit. Don't use them any more, sombra. I've heard horror stories (just like yours) with them. Get it done professionally or shave. For some reason, you just never get the desired effect without the right equipment.

Misombra----What on earth possessed you to....never mind, ouch, sounds painful. Hope you've gotten out of your predicament in the meantime.

thanks ladies! killerbabe said the words "angelically smooth" and i was like, "i want to be angelically smooth". so i went out and bought this sally hansen no heat stuff. it worked good on my arms but not on my bikini line. then i went out yesterday and got this microwave stuff that you just put on and peel off so you don't have to use those strips. that worked better. i think my hair needs to be a little longer though. it worked better on some places and was much more effective then the no heat stuff.

rose...i'm a little modest about going somewhere and having a stranger do it. i don't know i'm a little weirded out by that. that's what kinda turned me off about the whole thing in the first place. i would rather shave than go to someone to do it. but yes, it is a major pain in the ass. literally.

This suff sound painfull.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Misombra,
    So how is the recovery comming along?
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

not good blue, not good. the wax is still sitting in my bathroom until i get up the nerve to try again. but i'll keep you all updated.