+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it too late? Need advice!!

Is it too late? Need advice!!

Heres the run down....

2 months ago... I broke up with my boyfriend of three years.

I had a crush on this guy for almost a year before I broke up with my boyfriend and he liked me as well. Right after I broke up with my boyfriend... I started talking to that guy I liked. He also just broke it off with his girlfriend of 3 years and had been going though some tough times. I was very happy to get to know him because I had wanted to for a while, but we were both in relationships.

We hung out and things went well...
    We spoke for about a week or so.

The last time I talked to him(2 months ago), he wanted to hang out again, but we didn't (I kind of blew him off). Then we were texting back and forth and I just never responded. I felt bad because I did want to keep seeing him... but I just felt like I had too much going on at the time. My xboyfriend was trying to get back in my life and wouldn't leave me alone, I had two deaths in the family, and I was going through the most difficult semester of school ever. I didn't feel like I was ready to get out there and meet new people yet.

So, two months past... I got it together and decided to call the guy again and explain things to him. I was going to kind of explain what I was going through and apologize and see if he wanted to give me another chance. I got nervous and texted him instead, but he never responded.

Did I wait too long? Should I try to call and leave a message? Should I email him and explain and then just leave it alone after that? Or should I just say ...o well and forget about it?

I need any kind of advice! I would really like to let him know what I was going through and ask for another chance to get to know him BUT I don't want to appear as a crazy stalker.
    Thanks!

kms is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Well, you did ignore him for two months, so him ignoring one little text is pretty minimal compared to what you did. I wouldn't go rushing back either, honestly - I'm sure he has some sense of self-respect and pride. What you need to do is just send him an email and explain everything to him. If he responds, great, see what happens from there. If he doesn't, then yeah you probably messed it up from not communicating with him honestly from the very beginning. It's not hard to tell him right up front that you care about him but need some time to get through these personal issues first.