+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A Simple Love Question

A Simple Love Question

Okay a simple one here.

I am in a distance Relationship that is in the main conducted via email but we have met.

My G/F rarely says "I love You" but she does say "Love You", are these the same, or is one "lesser"?

Thanks

K

heh they mean the same thing, don't worry too much about it. although there is a reeeaaally small difference between then. perhaps the missing "i" would symbolize her fear of relating to herself and thus showing a spossible commitment issue. but besides that, they seem pretty much the same to me, fear not (:

do check out my blog below for dating tips in case you might need any, of course since you're in a long distance relationship that might be harder, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by PheasantPerson View Post
    Okay a simple one here.

I am in a distance Relationship that is in the main conducted via email but we have met.

My G/F rarely says "I love You" but she does say "Love You", are these the same, or is one "lesser"?

Thanks

K
    it's sooo different....
    keep it simple

Self-esteem isn't bragging about how great you are. It's more like quietly knowing that you're worth a lot (priceless, in fact!). It's not about thinking you're perfect — because nobody is — but knowing that you're worthy of being loved and accepted.

"Me, I try to send this note
    float it like a paper boat
    But paper sinks
    and words are weak
    i try, but i cant speak"

I'm sorry what do you mean, are you being sarcastic?

K

Ask her, not us.

I think it's the same. Althoug, most of the time I sign off with "love you" although I really do love him. He doesn't always sign off with "I love you" so I don't feel safe doing it all of the time because then I wonder because he's more likely to end the email with just "love you". But sometimes he does sign the email "I love you". I suppose I'm playing it safe.
    "Absence from those we love is self from self - a deadly banishment." Wm Shakespeare

Many thanks for the responses. I am confident that my G/F loves me but wanted to get a sense of if folks thought there was a difference between the two. I use both but I'll admit I prefer "I Love You", sounds a much more positive and personal statement to me!

they are clearly different
    the statement seemingly represent from my perspective

"I love you"
    - personal

"Love you"
    - instead of intimate 'rushed'

however the feeling with the statement and intent of the statement can probably only be described to you by her

you are reading too much into words. different people attach different meanings to the same word or phrase spoken. can't blame you though. it's a LDR and you guys rely only on written communication which is sparsely sufficient to express the full range of feelings you have for each other. when you think he doesn't love you enough with the few words he used, he may actually have deep feelings for you. on the other hand, someone who vomits 'i love you' and lovey dovey words all over the place may have little true feelings for you.