+ Follow This Topic

Thread: No contact after breakup? Or Is it OK 2 still be friends after breaking up?

No contact after breakup? Or Is it OK 2 still be friends after breaking up?

Hello & Happy holidays,
    My girlfriend & I broke up last night after a year of seeing each other. We separated over the issues that I have with her maturity (she 23 & I'm 28) & dealing with her temper, whereas, she was concerned by my lack of giving her constant attention.
    She recommended hooking me up with her friend & even showed me her friends' naked picture. I then told her that I have started "moving on" a few weeks ago when she text me a lot of vulgar & degrading remarks before I went on a overseas business trip for a week. She then said she was relieved because she had done the same by seeing someone else recently.
    She wants to remain as friends & still keep the communication open. I still have strong emotional feelings 4 her. I explained of her that it would be difficult to "be friends" because of how much I really cared for her compared to other girls I am friends with.
    Do I risk any possibility of future reconciliation by ignoring her, or should I just talk to her normally?

Quote Originally Posted by julez View Post
    ...Do I risk any possibility of future reconciliation by ignoring her, or should I just talk to her normally?
    You left out the big one, the probability of not being able to move on. She sounds like a spoiled brat and that's not likely to change; do you really want to hitch your wagon to her again?

No contact, start moving on with your emotional life.

Wow, showing naked picture of her friend?

Forget about being friends, don't even talk to her. No contact.

You're 28 and you're going to international business trips. So, I think that you are a successful person or will be. Don't bother your career for this dumb girl. Move on buddy, move on.

If you stay in contact with her your going to get jerked around, manipulated and (dispite the naked pics) cock blocked.

Move on. If you can't picture your life without her at least try a month of no contact, I'm willing to bet it will change your point of view.

You two are obviously incompatible so that is why the relationship is so frustrating. No contact is the way to go.

Thanks for all the support and insight. I guess I just needed to here the obvious. However, this is going to be extremely tough for me at this time of the year

Owh man, nasty situation you are in.

And yes i would agree with the others that breaking contact and moving on is the best situations.

Your personalities seem incompatible and more interested in moving on then staying together.

Considering the fact she's trying to hook you up with someone else...although in a very sad way, it seems she is not interested in being more then friends. For you, being "just friends" is not possible because of your feelings.

Two options:
    - Work out your differences and discuss the chance of a restart.
    - Enforce no-contact till you have moved on, then you can try being friends with her should you feel like you want to, AFTER your feelings for her have died off, which could take months or a year.

I can see ur point about not being interested. But what I don't understand is that she wanted to sleep with me last Saturday night when I saw her & on tuesday she wants to hook me up with her friend? Could have been a Way of testing me, or she is just messed up!

It's amazing that two personalities like yourselves even lasted a year to begin with.

You're a better breed bro. Those are her true colors coming out. It's sad to see, especially if you care or love her........ but that's just toxicity right there.